Old 03-02-2009, 02:40 AM
Norberto Bensa

Default Why won't my Original Movie DVD's not play on my computer? Intrepid 64bit KDE 4.2

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I own a copy of men in Black II, however I no longer have a DVD player
> or TV. *Why can't I plan the movie on my computer?

Because the movie industry doesn't want.

Try: sudo aptitude install libdvdcss2 (you'll need medibuntu
repositories. Check their site for instructions:
http://www.medibuntu.org/ ).

Old 03-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 01:40 -0200, Norberto Bensa wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Steven Vollom
> <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > I own a copy of men in Black II, however I no longer have a DVD player
> > or TV. Why can't I plan the movie on my computer?
>
> Because the movie industry doesn't want.
>
> Try: sudo aptitude install libdvdcss2 (you'll need medibuntu
> repositories. Check their site for instructions:
> http://www.medibuntu.org/ ).

I wrote him that about a week ago. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987

Old 03-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Steven Vollom

Can you ping www.medibuntu.org ? If not. How is your DNS configured?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Norberto Bensa

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Norberto Bensa wrote:
>> Can you ping www.medibuntu.org ? If not. How is your DNS configured?
>>
> I don't know how to do either of those things.

"ping" is your first "can-I-reach-that-server" weapon

You need to open a terminal (konsole for example) and write:

ping www.medibuntu.org

Let it run and then -after a few seconds (3-5 is OK)- press CTRL+C to
terminate the command.

The command will show you too things:

1) you can resolve www.medibuntu.org to an IP address (here it
resolves to 87.98.242.110)

2) you'll get answers telling you if the connection is more or less
reliable. Accept this definition for now

So. Can you ping www.medibuntu.org?

Regards,
Norberto