Old 03-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Steven Vollom

Default How do I change permissions in Intrepid 64bit KDE 4.2

I would like to change the permissions in my storage partitions. I am
the only user on my machine. Things seem different in Intrepid.

Steven

Old 03-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Ric Moore

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 21:21 -0500, Steven Vollom wrote:
> I would like to change the permissions in my storage partitions. I am
> the only user on my machine. Things seem different in Intrepid.
>
> Steven

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=file+permissions+linux+ubuntu

See if that helps... Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987

Old 03-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=file+permissions+linux+ubuntu
>
> See if that helps... Ric

Oh boy.. That's so f*cking funny!!!! I love it.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Steven Vollom

Norberto Bensa wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=file+permissions+linux+ubuntu
>>
>> See if that helps... Ric
>>

> Oh boy.. That's so f*cking funny!!!! I love it.

Thank you. I suppose it is funny, but when I get overloaded with
problems and help coming from all directions, it is hard for me to keep
up with answering the solutions. I know I should know this and where it
is, but I am just not able. What was funny to whomever thought it
funny, was fantastic for me. It is a visual instruction. That kind of
thing has an impact on my memory. The images that made you laugh,
helped me more than most instructions, because it created a picture. I
am a right brained artist; I don't think like you; but I won't forget
the visual. I realize it took you time and effort to make that
presentation. I am very grateful. I too wish I wasn't so stupid.
Thanks! and I sincerely mean that.

Steven

Old 03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Ric Moore

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 19:26 -0500, Steven Vollom wrote:
> Norberto Bensa wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=file+permissions+linux+ubuntu
> >>
> >> See if that helps... Ric
> >>

> > Oh boy.. That's so f*cking funny!!!! I love it.
> >

> Thank you. I suppose it is funny, but when I get overloaded with
> problems and help coming from all directions, it is hard for me to keep
> up with answering the solutions. I know I should know this and where it
> is, but I am just not able. What was funny to whomever thought it
> funny, was fantastic for me. It is a visual instruction. That kind of
> thing has an impact on my memory. The images that made you laugh,
> helped me more than most instructions, because it created a picture. I
> am a right brained artist; I don't think like you; but I won't forget
> the visual. I realize it took you time and effort to make that
> presentation. I am very grateful. I too wish I wasn't so stupid.
> Thanks! and I sincerely mean that.
>
> Steven

I'm glad it helped! Google really isn't that hard to use. Plus, it's
almost a 100% certainty that someone else has had your problems, and
that the fixes are stored forever there. I use it a lot being right
brained myself plus forgetful. If it wasn't for my spellchecker I'd look
like a -complete- idiot, instead of a partial one. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987

Old 03-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Steven Vollom

> I'm glad it helped! Google really isn't that hard to use. Plus, it's
> almost a 100% certainty that someone else has had your problems, and
> that the fixes are stored forever there. I use it a lot being right
> brained myself plus forgetful. If it wasn't for my spellchecker I'd look
> like a -complete- idiot, instead of a partial one. Ric

I am a lot dumber. When I went to that page, I was unable to figure how
to get the answer I needed. I can't even remember the problem now.
Nonetheless, I heard the laughter. I am old now. Things are tougher.
And my feelings are actually not hurt anymore when someone gets a laugh
out of me. It doesn't accomplish anything. I have come to recognize my
limitations. Still, I want to learn, so as long as my inability doesn't
frustrate those who help me so much that they don't want to help
anymore, I will eat humble pie (and with sincerity), I will do
practically anything that is honorable and proper, but I will not give
up. You will never know how much I appreciate you all. Even those I
frustrate. I would have little chance to succeed without your help.
Who knows, maybe I will fit in some day. I sure hope so, if just to
show you all how much I respect you, and admire the help you so
selflessly provided. I especially appreciate you, Ric, and the help you
have given me.

Sincerely,
Steven

Old 03-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Ric Moore

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 20:57 -0500, Steven Vollom wrote:

> > I'm glad it helped! Google really isn't that hard to use. Plus, it's
> > almost a 100% certainty that someone else has had your problems, and
> > that the fixes are stored forever there. I use it a lot being right
> > brained myself plus forgetful. If it wasn't for my spellchecker I'd look
> > like a -complete- idiot, instead of a partial one. Ric
> >
> I am a lot dumber. When I went to that page, I was unable to figure how
> to get the answer I needed. I can't even remember the problem now.
> Nonetheless, I heard the laughter. I am old now. Things are tougher.
> And my feelings are actually not hurt anymore when someone gets a laugh
> out of me. It doesn't accomplish anything. I have come to recognize my
> limitations. Still, I want to learn, so as long as my inability doesn't
> frustrate those who help me so much that they don't want to help
> anymore, I will eat humble pie (and with sincerity), I will do
> practically anything that is honorable and proper, but I will not give
> up. You will never know how much I appreciate you all. Even those I
> frustrate. I would have little chance to succeed without your help.
> Who knows, maybe I will fit in some day. I sure hope so, if just to
> show you all how much I respect you, and admire the help you so
> selflessly provided. I especially appreciate you, Ric, and the help you
> have given me.

Heck Steven, I'm looking down the barrel at 60. I hate it too! Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987