-   -   Torrent problem Intrepit 64bit KDE 4.2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/255146-torrent-problem-intrepit-64bit-kde-4-2-a.html)

Steven Vollom 03-02-2009 12:28 AM

Torrent problem Intrepit 64bit KDE 4.2

When I click on the Download button of a torrent, a window opens and
gives you choices of what you want to download; you uncheck what you
don't want. After I identify what I want to download, I click OK. The
following error message comes up:

Cannot create directory /media/sda6/Downloads/Bird On A Wire KLAXXON/:
Could not make folder /media/sda6/Downloads/Bird On A Wire KLAXX

Ktorrent does not add the download to the list of downloads.

How do I fix this problem?

Steven

Wulfy 03-02-2009 03:35 AM

Steven Vollom wrote:
> When I click on the Download button of a torrent, a window opens and
> gives you choices of what you want to download; you uncheck what you
> don't want. After I identify what I want to download, I click OK. The
> following error message comes up:
>
> Cannot create directory /media/sda6/Downloads/Bird On A Wire KLAXXON/:
> Could not make folder /media/sda6/Downloads/Bird On A Wire KLAXX
>

> Ktorrent does not add the download to the list of downloads.
>

> How do I fix this problem?
>

> Steven

Does the folder /media/sda6/Downloads/ exist? I've found that KTorrent
will only create one level of folder...

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Copyright July 17, 1988 by Del Goetz

Ric Moore 03-03-2009 04:34 PM

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 20:28 -0500, Steven Vollom wrote:
> When I click on the Download button of a torrent, a window opens and
> gives you choices of what you want to download; you uncheck what you
> don't want. After I identify what I want to download, I click OK. The
> following error message comes up:
>
> Cannot create directory /media/sda6/Downloads/Bird On A Wire KLAXXON/:
> Could not make folder /media/sda6/Downloads/Bird On A Wire KLAXX
>

> Ktorrent does not add the download to the list of downloads.
>

> How do I fix this problem?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ktorrent+howto+ubuntu

See if that works for you... :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987

Gene Heskett 03-03-2009 04:54 PM

On Tuesday 03 March 2009, Ric Moore wrote:
>On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 20:28 -0500, Steven Vollom wrote:
>> When I click on the Download button of a torrent, a window opens and
>> gives you choices of what you want to download; you uncheck what you
>> don't want. After I identify what I want to download, I click OK. The
>> following error message comes up:
>>
>> Cannot create directory /media/sda6/Downloads/Bird On A Wire KLAXXON/:
>> Could not make folder /media/sda6/Downloads/Bird On A Wire KLAXX
>>

>> Ktorrent does not add the download to the list of downloads.
>>

>> How do I fix this problem?
>
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ktorrent+howto+ubuntu
>
>See if that works for you... :) Ric

Oh, my... :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Steven Vollom 03-03-2009 11:04 PM

Torrent problem Intrepit 64bit KDE 4.2

>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ktorrent+howto+ubuntu
>>
>> See if that works for you... :) Ric
>>

> I am not sure if it was you or Nils who helped me with this same problem when I was back with Hardy. In any event, I went through my notes and found an answer that works. I simply created a folder in the partition named Steven and addressed the new 'CompletedDownloads' 'Downloads' and 'Torrent' folders to like names in the 'steven' folder. Everything worked fine then. It may not be a perfect cure, but it is one that works.

Steven