-   -   Thunderbird - accept settings for this session (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/25226-thunderbird-accept-settings-session.html)

Nigel Ridley 12-30-2007 04:44 PM

Thunderbird - accept settings for this session

Every time I send a message using Thunderbird I get a
'Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch' dialogue box explaining that the
mail server name is not the same one as is registered. ie. one of my
accounts is from one of my websites, which is hosted on bluehost.com. My
mail server is mail.oliveroot.net but the 'real' mail server belongs to
bluehost.com - hence the thunderbird 'Security Error'.

In previous versions of Thunderbird I had the options of 'Cancel',
'Accept Always' or 'Accept for this Session Only' in the 'Security
Error' dialogue box.
Where is this option in the latest Thunderbird? It really is quite
annoying to have to click 'Continue' for every message that I send
(sometimes I send out 12-15 at a time).

I did check the 'config' section but couldn't find anything obvious -
and, as you can see from my long explanation, I'm not sure what to use
as a search string on Google.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries
http://www.oliveroot.net/

PrayingForIsrael.net
http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

Thilo Six 12-30-2007 05:45 PM

Thunderbird - accept settings for this session

Nigel Ridley wrote the following on 12/30/07 18:44

> Every time I send a message using Thunderbird I get a
> 'Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch' dialogue box explaining that the
> mail server name is not the same one as is registered. ie. one of my

i suppose you use a ssl protected connection and therefore the
'Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch' is telling the certificate you
received doesnīt belog to the sending domain?

If so try to import the ssl certificate into TB:
Edit > Preferences > Advanced > certificates > View Certificates

in there you can import the certificate and then the above message should
dissapear.

Hadnīt to do that my own though yet, so this is not tested by myself.

--
bye Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09