Old 12-30-2007, 04:26 AM
homayoon taheri

Default Why -> configu error: C compiler cannot create executables

when I run ./configure to compile any source packages in kubuntu 7.10(amd64)
compiling will abort with the message "configure: error: C compiler cannot
create executables". why?

Old 12-30-2007, 04:33 AM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Sunday 30 December 2007, homayoon taheri wrote:

> when I run ./configure to compile any source packages in kubuntu
> 7.10(amd64) compiling will abort with the message "configure: error: C
> compiler cannot create executables". why?

The typical answer is that you don't actually have a C compiler installed.

What happens if you try to run

$ gcc

?
--
D. Michael McIntyre

Old 12-30-2007, 04:33 AM
Terence Simpson

homayoon taheri wrote:
> when I run ./configure to compile any source packages in kubuntu 7.10(amd64)
> compiling will abort with the message "configure: error: C compiler cannot
> create executables". why?

Probably because you haven't installed the "build-essential" package

Terence