Old 12-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Wulfy

Default What version of KDE am I using?

Eric wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to find out what version of KDE I have
> installed?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Eric Jackson

Run any KDE program (like Konqueror). On the Help menu there is an
"About KDE" option. That will give the version number.

On my system it's "K Desktop Environment. release 3.5.8".

Hope that helps... :@)

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:

Old 12-29-2007, 01:11 PM
"Martin Walshe"

On Dec 29, 2007 1:55 PM, Eric <ejazzkatt@gmail.com> wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to find out what version of KDE I have
installed?
Hi,
kde-config --version will tell you current version in use. Relevant line will start with KDE:
Marty.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:14 PM
"Martin Walshe"

On Dec 29, 2007 2:11 PM, Martin Walshe <plasticman3327@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
kde-config --version will tell you current version in use. Relevant line will start with KDE:
Marty.Just to clarify open a terminal and type in the above command kde-config --version

Old 12-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Jan Michelsburg

Am Samstag 29 Dezember 2007 14:55:05 schrieb Eric:
> Can someone please tell me how to find out what version of KDE I have
> installed?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Eric Jackson

In every KDE program there is a help button, clicking "about KDE" you get a
window where the version is shown.

Jan

Old 12-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Eric

Wulfy wrote:
> Eric wrote:
>> Can someone please tell me how to find out what version of KDE I have
>> installed?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Eric Jackson
>>

> Run any KDE program (like Konqueror). On the Help menu there is an
> "About KDE" option. That will give the version number.
>
> On my system it's "K Desktop Environment. release 3.5.8".
>
> Hope that helps... :@)

Thanks for the information.

Eric Jackson

Old 12-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Eric

Martin Walshe wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2007 2:11 PM, Martin Walshe <plasticman3327@gmail.com
> <mailtolasticman3327@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> kde-config --version will tell you current version in use. Relevant
> line will start with KDE:
> Marty.
>
> Just to clarify open a terminal and type in the above command kde-config
> --version

Thanks. I'll try that just to see what information it displays. From
your comments it seems like it will display more than just the version
of KDE I am using.

Eric Jackson

Old 12-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Eric

Jan Michelsburg wrote:
> Am Samstag 29 Dezember 2007 14:55:05 schrieb Eric:
>> Can someone please tell me how to find out what version of KDE I have
>> installed?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Eric Jackson
>
> In every KDE program there is a help button, clicking "about KDE" you get a
> window where the version is shown.
>
> Jan

Great to know. Thank you.

Eric Jackson

Old 12-29-2007, 10:38 PM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Saturday 29 December 2007, Eric wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how to find out what version of KDE I have
> installed?

People have talked about the button, and kde-config --version. What nobody
has mentioned yet is that all KDE applications will report this if you use
the --version option (in a terminal window.) For example:

$ konqueror --version
Qt: 3.3.7
KDE: 3.5.8
Konqueror: 3.5.8
$ kmail --version
Qt: 3.3.7
KDE: 3.5.8
KMail: 1.9.6 (enterprise 0.20070907.709405)
$ rosegarden --version
Qt: 3.3.7
KDE: 3.5.8
Rosegarden: 1.6.1

The advantage of doing it this way is that the text is easy to paste, whereas
the text in the About window can't be selected or copied.
--
D. Michael McIntyre