Old 12-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Fred Schaer

Default screen rotation - kde display problems

Hi,

I'm trying to rotate my screen, but face strange KDE behaviour.
I was using Kubuntu's nvidia drivers, and tried latest nvidia drivers,
but this had no effect.

First, my setup :
- I have the KDE bar centered on the left of the screen (I got a 24"
widescreen monitor...)
- resolution is 1920*1200
- KDE wallpaper is "adapted" to the display (I don't know how to
translate that from French, hope I'm right : the wallpaper is enlarged
so as to fit on the full screen)

What I'm seeing is the following with the screen rotaded using both
"xrandr -o left" and system settings -> display -> rotation options :
- the wallpaper seems adapted only horizontally : I have a big part in
the bottom of the screen that's just black
- moving applications or the mous over the black area seems to work (i.e
: I guess with y between 1200 and 1920)
- the KDE bar is on the left, but centered *on the wallpaper* - it looks
like it's still centered between y == 0 and 1200
- I can't resize a gwenview window below the wallpaper : the mouse
can't just get more down
- If I move the gwenview window onto the black part and then try to
resize its height, I can achieve having a 1200*1920 window
- If I try to expand a window (have it "full screen") (no matter which
app) - half of the application is displayed off screen : I don't see the
half of the window that's on the right...

Well... has anyone tried to use this screen rotation feature ?
Additionnally, would you have any tip for me ?
Are these unknown xorg/kde bugs (if bugs, I would tend to say these are
KDE bugs...) ?

Thanks && best regards

Old 12-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Fred Schaer

Funny : after I just reinstalled the kubuntu nvidia drivers and went
back to KDE, the screen display was both rotated and OK...
Doing then a "xrandr -o normal" reverted back the screen as expected,
but then "xrandr -o left" had the same behaviour as below : looks like
some bug...