Old 12-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Ed Greshko

Default ipv6

On 12/22/2011 02:59 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 19:00 +0000, nullv@gmx.com wrote:
>> replying from my phone BB OS 5 doesn't let you interleave or bottom
>> post
> I don't believe you. Are you seriously expecting us to believe that you
> have no way to reposition the cursor?

Well, I don't have a BB. But, I can tell you that with a certain UA on
Android you do have to "know" to click on the "pencil" icon containing
the original text before you can put your cursor there to edit it and do
"proper" replies. Maybe the BB has a similar non-intuitive interface?

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless

Old 12-22-2011, 08:01 AM

Sad be true (also from a BB)....
Just top-posting, not able to modify previous body. (Either all or nothing).

They call it "progress".

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 17:29 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 19:00 +0000, nullv@gmx.com wrote:
> > replying from my phone BB OS 5 doesn't let you interleave or bottom
> > post
>
> I don't believe you. Are you seriously expecting us to believe that you
> have no way to reposition the cursor?

Believe it. I have a work BB and have tried. It is just about possible
to do with a huge amount of futzing around with cut-and-paste, but it's
not reasonable to handle for every message. BBs are very hard-wired for
business communication and that means "slavishly follow the Outlook
model as far as is possible on a handset".

That's why people handicapped by BBs get a pass in my otherwise
zero-tolerance policy for top-posting.

poc