Old 11-16-2010, 04:01 PM
"Andrea Bencini"

Default IPV6

I installed F14 in text mode.
I would like disable IPV6 from all interfaces
How can I do?
Thanks
Andrea

Old 11-16-2010, 04:38 PM
mgt

At the end of your /etc/sysconfig/network write:

NETWORKING_IPV6=no

Save.

After that you can reload the network service.

I don't know how to disable it through NetworkManager, but I guess it will be obvious

Old 11-16-2010, 04:46 PM
JB

Andrea Bencini <andrea.bencini <at> tin.it> writes:

> I installed F14 in text mode.
> I would like disable IPV6 from all interfaces
> How can I do?
> Thanks
> Andrea

# cat /etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1

JB

Old 06-01-2011, 10:36 PM
James Mills

Heya all,

Last night I just learned a lot of the basics of IPv6
and setup an IPv6 -> IPv4 tunnel last night through
the great tunnelbroker.net provided by he.net.

It's FREE!

Anyway, it was fairly easy to setup and get going
especially with the Mikrotik Router running RouterOS
4.11 that I have here at home.

Everything went very smoothly once I got my head
around how IPv6 works (which is basically the same
as IPv4 just a larger address space).

Get on-board!

I'm presently getting my CRUX Linux desktop up and
running with IPv6 and I'll also be getting my CRUX servers
(hosted in the US) on IPv6 too (if I can).

cheers
James

--
-- James Mills

Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Andrea Bencini

I installed Fedorara 16 without GUI (command line). I would like disable ipv6.
Can you help me?
Andrea

Old 12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Steven Stern

On 12/21/2011 09:58 AM, Andrea Bencini wrote:
> I installed Fedorara 16 without GUI (command line). I would like disable ipv6.
> Can you help me?
> Andrea

system-config-network or just edit
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-yournetworkadapter

--
-- Steve

Old 12-21-2011, 03:30 PM

In /etc/sysconfig/network
Add the line:
IPV6_NETWORKING=no

Don't know why you'd disable it though, IPv6 is such a beautiful thing...

--------
Sorry for top-posting, replied from my BB phone