Old 02-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Ray Burke

Default FW: re Kubuntu 8.04 dual boot clonning using ghost (justin)

From: rayburke30@hotmail.com
To: kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: RE: re Kubuntu 8.04 dual boot clonning using ghost
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 06:58:26 +1100

Justin,

No I have my cloned thru Ghost 80gbxp pro* drive as master with my K 40gb drive as slave, and get the grub error,
but when I install the pre 80gb xp pro drive back as master (not the cloned but original) with the 40gb K drive it
boots normal* thru grub to select either xp pro or K, so the ghost dosent work, I have ben told that I can do a clone
of my xp pro via having the 80gb master (xp pro)and 40gb slave (k), and load up live cd "K", aftering loading switch
the backup 80gb thru usb drive on and use command $ dd if=/dev/sda1 of+/dev/sdh1 but when trying to confirm
with K user still no reponse see below of disk config

* rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$ df -h
Filesystem*********** Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1************* 18G* 7.6G* 9.0G* 46% /
varrun*************** 474M* 160K* 474M** 1% /var/run
varlock************** 474M**** 0* 474M** 0% /var/lock
udev***************** 474M** 88K* 474M** 1% /dev
devshm*************** 474M**** 0* 474M** 0% /dev/shm
lrm****************** 474M** 38M* 437M** 8% /lib/modules/2.6.24-16-generic/volatile
/dev/sdb2************* 19G* 6.2G** 13G* 34% /home
/dev/sda1************* 75G** 39G** 36G* 52% /media/BKUP MAN
/dev/sdh1************* 75G** 37G** 38G* 50% /media/BKUP MAN-1
rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$ df /boot
Filesystem********** 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1************ 18034492** 7909904** 9397488* 46% /
rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$

ray
PS I forgot what does this mean "For a dual boot, put the Kubuntu drive back. It may boot like that, if
it doesn't you will need to boot the Kubuntu install disk into rescue
mode, chroot to your Kubuntu install, and run 'grub-install' targeting
the Windows drive."