Old 01-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Constantinos Maltezos

Default (litestep)

On Saturday 31 January 2009 5:59:49 am golephish@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey thanks for maintaing this list. I am seconds away from installing
> kubuntu (i never sleep). I am excited to see it and hope kde is better than
> gnome. Anyone rember litestep? An oldschool shell replacemeny for
> windoze... I am hoping it is similar. Thanks for your time and greetz from
> atlanta,ga

I hope you like KDE, but if it's not what you're looking for, you might try
WindowMaker. Litestep was inspired by NextStep, and WindowMaker is the only
current WM that is also inspired by NextStep.

I wonder whatever happened to AfterStep.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:49 PM

Kde is up i hate that i have to dual boot.. I was running vnware but couldnt get windows to read ide drives...--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 02-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Justin

It's not generally prudent/safe to give VM's direct hard drive access. File exchange it usually done via a network share.

I recommend you try VirtualBox. It automates network sharing between the host and guest and just generally has very good integration.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:00 AM

Will zune software see ide devices in vm ware? Is that the app made by sun? Finally any wow players out there with ati chipsets--

Old 02-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Justin

ide device + zune? You don't mean USB, do you? I'm not sure how to asnwer you, because I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

Yes, VirtualBox is from Sun.

You should probably start a new message for the ATI/WoW thing.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:53 PM

The last time i ran vm box windows could not see my hdd that are ide--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

It's not generally prudent/safe to give VM's direct hard drive access. File exchange it usually done via a network share.

I recommend you try VirtualBox. It automates network sharing between the host and guest and just generally has very good integration.

Kde is up i hate that i have to dual boot.. I was running vnware but couldnt get windows to read ide drives...

> Hey thanks for maintaing this list. I am seconds away from installing

> kubuntu (i never sleep). I am excited to see it and hope kde is better than

> gnome. Anyone rember litestep? An oldschool shell replacemeny for

> windoze... I am hoping it is similar. Thanks for your time and greetz from

> atlanta,ga

I hope you like KDE, but if it's not what you're looking for, you might try

WindowMaker. *Litestep was inspired by NextStep, and WindowMaker is the only

current WM that is also inspired by NextStep.

I wonder whatever happened to AfterStep.

Samuel Goldwyn *- "I had a monumental idea this morning, but I didn't like it."