Old 01-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Paul Kaplan

Default wireless signal strength

Is there a tool to quantify the strength of the wireless signal of my home
network at different places in house?

The visual info in the guidance tray icon doesn't seem to change even if I
move the laptop right next to the router.
Paul

Old 01-31-2009, 04:59 PM
norman

> Is there a tool to quantify the strength of the wireless signal of my home
> network at different places in house?
>
> The visual info in the guidance tray icon doesn't seem to change even if I
> move the laptop right next to the router.

When I point to the wireless connection icon it gives the signal
strength. This changes when I take my computer into another room.

Norman

Old 01-31-2009, 05:41 PM
Bart Silverstrim

norman wrote:
>> Is there a tool to quantify the strength of the wireless signal of my home
>> network at different places in house?
>>
>> The visual info in the guidance tray icon doesn't seem to change even if I
>> move the laptop right next to the router.
>
> When I point to the wireless connection icon it gives the signal
> strength. This changes when I take my computer into another room.

If you try looking on one of the geek toy sites, I remember seeing a tee
shirt with a wireless signal meter on the chest that lights up. It was
supposed to be a novelty for finding wireless signals when you're out
and about.

-Bart

Old 01-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Paul Kaplan

On Saturday 31 January 2009 13:41:45 Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> norman wrote:
> >> Is there a tool to quantify the strength of the wireless signal of my
> >> home network at different places in house?
> >>
> >> The visual info in the guidance tray icon doesn't seem to change even if
> >> I move the laptop right next to the router.
> >
> > When I point to the wireless connection icon it gives the signal
> > strength. This changes when I take my computer into another room.
>
> If you try looking on one of the geek toy sites, I remember seeing a tee
> shirt with a wireless signal meter on the chest that lights up. It was
> supposed to be a novelty for finding wireless signals when you're out
> and about.
>
> -Bart
I was hoping for something on the laptop :-)

Old 01-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Dotan Cohen

> I was hoping for something on the laptop :-)

Epoxy

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Old 01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Qnix

Do you still have the geeky website address ?

Qnix < qnix@0x80.org >
http://0x80.org

Old 01-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Wade Smart

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> I was hoping for something on the laptop :-)
>>

> Epoxy

20090131 1348 GMT-5

URL?

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Linux since June 2005

Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Qnix

Wade Smart , I was asking Bart Silverstrim about the geeky website which sells t-shirts with wireless signal detector

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> I was hoping for something on the laptop :-)

> Epoxy

20090131 1348 GMT-5

URL?

Old 01-31-2009, 07:00 PM