Old 01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Raseel Bhagat

Default wireless signal strength

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com> wrote:

norman wrote:

>> Is there a tool to quantify the strength of the wireless signal of my home

>> network at different places in house?

>> The visual info in the guidance tray icon doesn't seem to change even if I

>> move the laptop right next to the router.

> When I point to the wireless connection icon it gives the signal

> strength. This changes when I take my computer into another room.

If you try looking on one of the geek toy sites, I remember seeing a tee

shirt with a wireless signal meter on the chest that lights up. It was

supposed to be a novelty for finding wireless signals when you're out

and about.

It's called the Wifi-detector and you can order it from thinkgeek.com :-)
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/991e/

Thanks,
Raseel
http://raseel.in