Old 01-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Steven Vollom

Default How do I create a Temp file that selfdeletes when it has completed its task?

I just had an idea of how to keep from clogging hard disk space with stuff
that you only want in your computer on a temporary basis.

Is it possible, like for Torrents and downloading files to remain in a temp
file only until they are completed downloading, then autodelete them from the
computer after the completed downloaded files have been forwarded to a
permanent location?

I am trying to keep from duplicate entries in the computer and wasting space.

When a download completes, I normally click on remove torrent or torrent and
data, if I don't like what I downloaded. I expected that data to be removed
from the computer, however, when looking in files titled as torrent, I find
that there is a huge list of torrents saved there that I don't really want
occuping HDD space. It appears that when I instruct ktorrent to remove the
torrents, it doesn't remove them at all. They remain in a folder that I
don't visit very often.

Steven