Old 01-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Paul Kaplan

Default shutdown service menu in kde 4.2

After upgrading 8.10 to kde 4.2, I find that right clicking on the desktop no
longer provides options to shutdown in the context menu.

Also, even though "Offer Shutdown Options" is checked in the session manager
control module, I only get presented with the default shutdown option (in my
case, turn off computer), I don't see all three options.

Is this a bug or an issue with the ppa versions of kde? Is there a fix?

Paul

Old 01-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Georgi Kourtev

On Friday 30 January 2009 11:58:44 Paul Kaplan wrote:

> After upgrading 8.10 to kde 4.2, I find that right clicking on the desktop

> no longer provides options to shutdown in the context menu.

> Also, even though "Offer Shutdown Options" is checked in the session

> manager control module, I only get presented with the default shutdown

> option (in my case, turn off computer), I don't see all three options.

> Is this a bug or an issue with the ppa versions of kde? Is there a fix?

> Paul

It works fine with me. I';m with Kubuntu 8.10 KDE 4.2.

gk

Old 01-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Old 01-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Michael Zoet

Georgi Kourtev schrieb:

> On Friday 30 January 2009 11:58:44 Paul Kaplan wrote:
> > After upgrading 8.10 to kde 4.2, I find that right clicking on the
> desktop
> > no longer provides options to shutdown in the context menu.
> >
> > Also, even though "Offer Shutdown Options" is checked in the session
> > manager control module, I only get presented with the default shutdown
> > option (in my case, turn off computer), I don't see all three options.
> >
> > Is this a bug or an issue with the ppa versions of kde? Is there a fix?
> >
> > Paul
>

> It works fine with me. I';m with Kubuntu 8.10 KDE 4.2.
> gk
fro me too!

Michael

Old 01-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Kaj Haulrich

On Friday 30 January 2009 11:30:28 Michael Zoet wrote:
> Georgi Kourtev schrieb:
> > On Friday 30 January 2009 11:58:44 Paul Kaplan wrote:
> > > After upgrading 8.10 to kde 4.2, I find that right clicking
> > > on the
> >
> > desktop
> >
> > > no longer provides options to shutdown in the context menu.
> > >
> > > Also, even though "Offer Shutdown Options" is checked in the
> > > session manager control module, I only get presented with the
> > > default shutdown option (in my case, turn off computer), I
> > > don't see all three options.
> > >
> > > Is this a bug or an issue with the ppa versions of kde? Is
> > > there a fix?
> > >
> > > Paul
> >
> > It works fine with me. I';m with Kubuntu 8.10 KDE 4.2.
> > gk
>
> fro me too!

I think it depends on the settings. Right click 'Appearance
settings' on the desktop background and change from 'folder view' to
'Desktop'. Then the context menu changes and will give you the
'Leave' option back.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*** Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer ***
********* Running Linux Kubuntu 8.10 *********

Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Paul Kaplan

On Friday 30 January 2009 06:54:21 Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Friday 30 January 2009 11:30:28 Michael Zoet wrote:
> > Georgi Kourtev schrieb:
> > >
> > > desktop

> > > It works fine with me. I';m with Kubuntu 8.10 KDE 4.2.
> > > gk
> >
> > fro me too!
>
> I think it depends on the settings. Right click 'Appearance
> settings' on the desktop background and change from 'folder view' to
> 'Desktop'. Then the context menu changes and will give you the
> 'Leave' option back.
>
> HTH
>
> Kaj Haulrich.
> --
What's the thinking behind that? Why would want to shutdown or logout from
the Desktop/ but not when you're in folderview? Any chance to revise the
service menu?
Paul