Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Derek Broughton

Default Intrepid with KDE 4.2

Billie Erin Walsh wrote:

> HIP hip hooray. The task bar [ whatever it's called ] is able to hide
> again. That's one of my favorite things. I don't like _ANYTHING_ on my
> desktop unlike my better half that has so much stuff you can't see the
> wallpaper.

LOL. That's one of those "there are two kinds of people..." dividers. I'm
always appalled at what other people (including my _much_ better half) put
on the desktop. With KDE 4.1, I lost most of what I had, and don't miss
that either :-)

> Somehow in the update Kpatience was broken. Maybe there will be an
> update to fix that soon.
>
> Minus one point.
>
> Perhaps with no solitaire I will get off my B____ and do some of the
> other things that I should be doing instead.

More laughter :-) I was spending way too much time playing KSudoku, until
somebody mentioned sources for e-books, and now I just read :-) It really
is an improvement, as I would tend to start doing Sudokus while the system
was busy doing other things - but then you can't stop until you finish the
game. You can always put a book aside (and e-books never lose the page!)

> Plus one point according to my better half.
>
> SO, I guess it's pretty much a zero sum update so far.

I think I'll wait... but thanks for the updates

Old 02-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Art Alexion

On 01/28/2009 D. R. Evans wrote:
> Mostly, they'll listen. Every now and then you get something -- the broken
> ordering of files in Konqueror comes to mind -- that they won't change, or
> even engage in rational debate. But mostly it can only be good for the
> developers to hear from users. They do seem to live rather in their own
> world

Anybody see the article in Computer World (Au) where Linus Torvalds, a
big KDE supporter said he is switching to Gnome? He didn't blame the
goals of the developers, but their implementation.