Old 01-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Default Missing widgets

Hi all,

I have just install KDE 4.2 on Interpid 8.10 and apparently some of my favourite widgets do not work (like 'show desktop'). Does anyone know how to install these under 4.2? Thanks.

gk

Old 01-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Bas Roufs

Hello Georgi

It took me about 3 months to find back the 'show desktop' widget - one of my favourites too. However, suddenly I found it recently :-)
* go to the panel with your mouse cursor
*rigfht cllick

* choose menu 'add widgets'.
Carefully scroll through that menu. There you will see again an option to install the 'show desktop' widget..
Note: the present day version of that widget looks different from the one I knew from KDE3. It is now a blue flag, divided in a lighter and darker half.

Quite probably you can also find back other favourite widgets, but with a slightly different design compared to their equivalents in KDE3.

Respectfully yours,

Bas.

I have just install KDE 4.2 on Interpid 8.10 and apparently some of my favourite widgets do not work (like 'show desktop'). Does anyone know how to install these under 4.2? Thanks.

gk

===============
Viaconsensus
Bas G. Roufs M.A.
Van 't Hoffstraat 1
NL-3514 VT *Utrecht
M. +31.6.446.835.10
T. +31.30.785.20.40
BasRoufs@gmail.com

Old 01-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Dear Bas,

Thanks. I did the upgrade from KDE4.1.2. Now with 4.2 when I followed the same instruction as you suggested. However, at the end I have a red square with a white cross on it with message "unable to load widget show desktop". This is the case with many of the widgets; interestingly some other do work fine like the switch between the different desktops (pager).

gk