Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Eberhard Roloff

Default html mail (was: How do I install a .bin...]

Steven Vollom wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Steven Vollom wrote:

Dear Steven,

please be so kind and switch off HTML-Mail.

Your answers come in a "nicely styled and coloured font" and on my PC
(thunderbird on Kubuntu 8.10,) the font size might be around 16 (way to
large)

In case that it is just me, please accept my apologies.

Kind regards
Eberhard

Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Steven Vollom

On Friday 23 January 2009 3:25:33 am Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> > On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Steven Vollom wrote:
>
> Dear Steven,
>
> please be so kind and switch off HTML-Mail.
>
> Your answers come in a "nicely styled and coloured font" and on my PC
> (thunderbird on Kubuntu 8.10,) the font size might be around 16 (way to
> large)
>
> In case that it is just me, please accept my apologies.
>
> Kind regards
> Eberhard

Settings Configuration Kmail.

Under Message Window I unchecked show HTML status bar.
Under Appearance I did not have and still don't have Show HTML status bar.
Under Security Reading, I did not have and still don't have Prefer HTML to
plain text checked.

Those are the only references to HTML in the configuration of kmail. I don't
use Thunderbird anymore. Is there a possibility that it is in your
configuration? If not, where do I look for the switch for HTML-Mail?

Sorry friend. I didn't even know that Under Message Window was checked. I
hope that fixed the problem. Otherwise, I don't know what to do.

Steven

You never need appologize to me. I am sorry for the problem. When I changed
the color of the font, it was to draw attention to that part of the data.
Does that automatically change an email to HTML?

Old 01-24-2009, 06:41 AM
Nils Kassube

Steven Vollom wrote:
> When I
> changed the color of the font, it was to draw attention to that part of
> the data. Does that automatically change an email to HTML?

Yes, using anything that requires markup (e.g. colours, font size) will
switch to HTML mode.

Nils

Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Ric Moore

On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 08:41 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> > When I
> > changed the color of the font, it was to draw attention to that part of
> > the data. Does that automatically change an email to HTML?
>
> Yes, using anything that requires markup (e.g. colours, font size) will
> switch to HTML mode.

Whatever happened to good ole ASCII text?? We had colors back then,
flashing, bold, underlined doing BBS email a hundred years ago. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987