Old 01-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Steven Vollom

Default Is there some trick installing a .exe file using Wine?

> Try typing in a terminal (or from the run command dialogue)
> wine path oprogramplaymoney.exe
> Write back and let us know what errors you get.

steven@Studio25:~$ wine path oprogramFullTiltSetup.exe
err:module:import_dll Library TDI.SYS (which is needed by L"C:
PROG~FBUSPEE~4WLsbbotdi.sys") not found
err:winedevice:ServiceMain driver L"sbbotdi" failed to load
wine: could not load L"c:windowssystem32pathtoprogramFullTiltSetup.exe" :
Module not found
steven@Studio25:~$

What do I do? Do I 'cd' to 'wine' then type in "import_dll Library TDI.SYS"?
When you type in playmoney.exe, you really mean FullTiltSetup.exe, don't you?

Steven

Old 01-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Steven Vollom

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 5:21:07 pm Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> wine ./FullTiltSetup.exe

steven@Studio25:~$ wine path oprogramFullTiltSetup.exe
err:module:import_dll Library TDI.SYS (which is needed by L"C:
PROG~FBUSPEE~4WLsbbotdi.sys") not found
err:winedevice:ServiceMain driver L"sbbotdi" failed to load
wine: could not load L"c:windowssystem32pathtoprogramFullTiltSetup.exe" :
Module not found
steven@Studio25:~$ cd /home/steven/.wine/drive_c/
steven@Studio25:~/.wine/drive_c$ cd downloads
bash: cd: downloads: No such file or directory
steven@Studio25:~/.wine/drive_c$ cd FullTiltSetup
bash: cd: FullTiltSetup: No such file or directory
steven@Studio25:~/.wine/drive_c$ wine ./FullTiltSetup.exe
wine: cannot find './FullTiltSetup.exe'

Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Steven Vollom

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 5:21:46 pm Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> > steven@Studio25:~$ wine path oprogramplaymoney.exe
>
> That path was only an example. You need to substitute the actual path
> of the program.

steven@Studio25:~$ wine /Desktop/FullTiltSetup.exe
wine: cannot find '/Desktop/FullTiltSetup.exe'
steven@Studio25:~$ wine DesktopFullTiltSetup.exe
err:module:import_dll Library TDI.SYS (which is needed by L"C:
PROG~FBUSPEE~4WLsbbotdi.sys") not found
err:winedevice:ServiceMain driver L"sbbotdi" failed to load
wine: could not load L"c:windowssystem32DesktopFullTiltSetup.exe":
Module not found
steven@Studio25:~$

I first tried with forward slash, because the file is on my Linux Desktop.
Should it have been wine homestevenDesktopFullTiltSetup.exe?

Steven

Old 01-22-2009, 02:52 PM
John Hubbard

Steven Vollom wrote:
>> Try typing in a terminal (or from the run command dialogue)
>> wine path oprogramplaymoney.exe
>> Write back and let us know what errors you get.
>>

> steven@Studio25:~$ wine path oprogramFullTiltSetup.exe
> err:module:import_dll Library TDI.SYS (which is needed by L"C:
> PROG~FBUSPEE~4WLsbbotdi.sys") not found
> err:winedevice:ServiceMain driver L"sbbotdi" failed to load
> wine: could not load L"c:windowssystem32pathtoprogramFullTiltSetup.exe" :
> Module not found
> steven@Studio25:~$
>
> What do I do? Do I 'cd' to 'wine' then type in "import_dll Library TDI.SYS"?
> When you type in playmoney.exe, you really mean FullTiltSetup.exe, don't you?

As I think I said in my other (rather lengthy post) wine is 'in your
path' and the shell will find it. You should cd to the location of
FullTiltSetup.exe. Then type
> wine FullTiltSetup.exe
(remember to try auto complete with the tab key.

--
-john

2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
0b11000100 || !0b11000100
0b11000100 || 0b00111011
0b11111111
255, that is the answer.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Billie Walsh

If WINE is installed and working properly just pop open Dolphin,
navigate to where the file, fulltiltsetup.exe, is located and double
click the file. Follow the instructions in the setup.

DONE!

--
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Steven Vollom

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 6:41:28 pm John Hubbard wrote:

> Sorry to jump over your head.

At this point in the learning process, I appreciate the extra help. I have
been trying to learn for 4 years, and I am obviously not very smart at it. I
have no feelings to worry about or pride or anything. And if it gets too
simple, I will tell you in consideration for your extra work. Thanks in
advance.

> directory /home/seven/Desktop.

It is located: /home/steven/Desktop

wine FullTiltSetup.exe

> >wine foo.exe

Apparently I am missing some stuff, here is what came up. Additionally a box
opened requesting my language, so setup seems to be trying to function.:

steven@Studio25:~/Desktop$ wine /home/steven/Desktop/FullTiltSetup.exe
err:module:import_dll Library TDI.SYS (which is needed by L"C:
PROG~FBUSPEE~4WLsbbotdi.sys") not found
err:winedevice:ServiceMain driver L"sbbotdi" failed to load
fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer supports MIDI in. Not yet supported.
fixme:advapi:ImpersonateLoggedOnUser (0xd4)
fixme:winstation:OpenInputDesktop (0,1,1): stub
fixme:advapi:ImpersonateLoggedOnUser (0x118)
fixme:winstation:OpenInputDesktop (0,1,1): stub
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOptionHelper INTERNET_OPTION_PER_CONNECTION_OPTION
stub
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOptionHelper Unhandled dwOption 4
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOptionHelper Unhandled dwOption 2
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOptionHelper Unhandled dwOption 3
[...]

By the way, your help is perfect. Thanks.

Steven

Old 01-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Steven Vollom

> You don't need the command line, if you find that confusing.
>
> Click on "FullTiltPoker.exe" - if "Wine" is installed, it will invoke it
> and install it for you. Then it should show up in your menu, under Wine.
>
> Or, to be safe, go into the installer and search on "wine" and install it,
> if not installed.

If you don't object, my previous email will show what my problem is, I think.
As far as the command line is concerned, it is my primary project. I must
get to a point where I can help myself more and trouble you less. It may
take me a little longer than most, but I believe I can handle it, in time.
So if you are willing on this project, please continue with Command Line.

I think I am missing some necessary files. When I find out for sure, and find
them, and install them, I believe I will be able to handle QUI instructions
fine if my system has what it needs to work. I still much prefer learning
how to use the Command Line.

Thanks!
Steven

Old 01-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Donn

On Thursday, 22 January 2009 19:54:55 Steven Vollom wrote:
> steven@Studio25:~/Desktop$ wine /home/steven/Desktop/FullTiltSetup.exe
Steven,
If you are already in the right directory, then you don't have to repeat the
entire path.
So:
steven@Studio25:~/Desktop$ wine FullTiltSetup.exe
would be sufficient.

If you are *in* your house and someone asks you where you live, you can simply
say "here".
If you are in town and someone asks, you must say "corner of blah and blah,
number foo, zig zog avenue"

This is exactly the same as paths to files:
When in the directory, you are *in* the files' house.
When in some other directory, you must specify the files' address (the path).

hth,

Old 01-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Matthew Flaschen

Steven Vollom wrote:
> Apparently I am missing some stuff, here is what came up. Additionally a box
> opened requesting my language, so setup seems to be trying to function.:

Yes, that means you got the paths right. However, if the program does
not successfully install, that is likely just because wine does not have
perfect compatibility. The fixme messages are just notes about features
currently unimplemented in wine; don't bother trying to understand them.

Matt Flaschen

Old 01-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Steven Vollom