Old 01-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Default Lost icon for desktops

All,

I just somehow lost the icon on the widgets bar which shows desktops and allows to switch between them. The desktops are there as I can change position of programs. Any ideas?

gk

Old 01-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Art Alexion

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 07:52:44 am Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> I just somehow lost the icon on the widgets bar which shows desktops and
> allows to switch between them. The desktops are there as I can change
> position of programs. Any ideas?

The thing (used to be called applet) that you are looking for used to be
called the Desktop Pager. My guess is that it is called the same thing as a
plasmoid or something.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:53 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Art Alexion said the following at 01/21/2009 08:37 AM :

> The thing (used to be called applet) that you are looking for used to be
> called the Desktop Pager. My guess is that it is called the same thing as a
> plasmoid or something.

Yes; that would be the Pager plasmoid.

You know, all one needs to do is bring up the Add Widgets dialog and look
down the list of available widgets. That's what I did. Much quicker than
e-mailing this reflector.

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 01-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Georgi Kourtev

The different desktops icon is not in the Add Widgets dialog.

gk

Old 01-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Art Alexion

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 10:53:37 am D. R. Evans wrote:
> Much quicker than
> e-mailing this reflector.

That's an unfair criticism. That statement could be said about 90% of the
traffic on this list. I wonder what the point of the list would be if being
able to solve a problem quickly was a criterion for not asking...

I thought Georgi's question was legitimate.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Art Alexion

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 10:57:46 am Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> The different desktops icon is not in the Add Widgets dialog.

Uh... yes it is. Like Doc and I said, it is called the Pager.

C'mon man, I just got done defending you for asking your question, and it
didn't seem you read the answers.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:24 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Art Alexion said the following at 01/21/2009 09:25 AM :
> On Wednesday 21 January 2009 10:53:37 am D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Much quicker than
>> e-mailing this reflector.
>
> That's an unfair criticism. That statement could be said about 90% of the
> traffic on this list. I wonder what the point of the list would be if being
> able to solve a problem quickly was a criterion for not asking...
>
> I thought Georgi's question was legitimate.

It wasn't a criticism at all, and the question was certainly legitimate. So
was my response, which is simply a statement. It is indeed much quicker to
look in Add Widgets than to ask here.

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 01-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Derek Broughton

Art Alexion wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 January 2009 10:53:37 am D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Much quicker than
>> e-mailing this reflector.
>
> That's an unfair criticism. That statement could be said about 90% of the
> traffic on this list. I wonder what the point of the list would be if
> being able to solve a problem quickly was a criterion for not asking...
>
> I thought Georgi's question was legitimate.

In any case. I thought he'd lost the panel altogether - in which case
looking at the add widgets dialog doesn't help in the slightest.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Georgi Kourtev

Indeed, apologies for missing it in the list. It's there.

gk

Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Derek Broughton said the following at 01/21/2009 11:24 AM :

> In any case. I thought he'd lost the panel altogether - in which case
> looking at the add widgets dialog doesn't help in the slightest.

True. Still, there's an Add Panel item on the same menu as Add Widgets, so
in this hypothetical and increasingly OT thread, he'd have seen what he
needed to see if he'd tried to add a widget :-)

Normal service will now be resumed.

Doc

PS I guess I am assuming that he'd've used the right-click-on-the-desktop
method to add a widget, not the cashew thingy.

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR