Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default How to debug anaconda add repo process?

I'm running into a problem doing F10 kickstart installs where the updates repo
is being ignored:

09:09:51 WARNING : ignoring duplicate repository updates with URL
['http://fedora.cora.nwra.com/fedora/linux/updates/10/x86_64/']

although it clearly isn't a duplicate. In the anaconda code, it just seems to
assume that if a repo can't be added it's because it is duplicate:

for repo in extraRepos:
try:
self.repos.add(repo)
log.info("added repository %s with URL %s" % (repo.name,
repo.mirrorlist or repo.baseurl))
except:
log.warning("ignoring duplicate repository %s with URL %s" %
(repo.name, repo.mirrorlist or repo.baseurl))

So I don't have any information as to *why* we were not able to add repository.
Is there some way to enable verbose debug logging for the anaconda yum instance?

Thanks!

(please CC me, using gmane)

- Orion

Old 01-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Chris Lumens

> 09:09:51 WARNING : ignoring duplicate repository updates with URL
> ['http://fedora.cora.nwra.com/fedora/linux/updates/10/x86_64/']

If your repo is named "updates", then it is a duplicate of the updates
repo mentioned in /etc/anaconda.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo.

> In the anaconda code, it just seems to
> assume that if a repo can't be added it's because it is duplicate:
>
> for repo in extraRepos:
> try:
> self.repos.add(repo)
> log.info("added repository %s with URL %s" % (repo.name,
> repo.mirrorlist or repo.baseurl))
> except:
> log.warning("ignoring duplicate repository %s with URL %s" %
> (repo.name, repo.mirrorlist or repo.baseurl))

When you see the add code in yum, it becomes obvious that there's only one
exception that can be raised:

def add(self, repoobj):
if self.repos.has_key(repoobj.id):
raise Errors.DuplicateRepoError, 'Repository %s is listed more than once in the configur ation' % (repoobj.id)
self.repos[repoobj.id] = repoobj

> So I don't have any information as to *why* we were not able to add repository.
> Is there some way to enable verbose debug logging for the anaconda yum instance?

No, not really.

- Chris