Old 01-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Steven Vollom

Default How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

> Missing a quote there, should be find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec
> file {} '+'

steven@Studio25:~$ find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec
find: missing argument to `-exec'
steven@Studio25:~$ file {} '+'
{}: ERROR: cannot open `{}' (No such file or directory)
+: ERROR: cannot open `+' (No such file or directory)
steven@Studio25:~$

Steven

Old 01-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Steven Vollom

> Well, you know the files aren't on CD or floppy, right? So just ignore
> those entries.

Well Matt, in the 'Storage Media', of the eight entries, only sdb5 functions
when I click on it, and it doesn't contain the files I needed. I was able to
find them pressing Alt+F2 and entering /media/sda7. The 'Storage Media'
choice has pretty much become useless.

Steven

Old 01-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Steven Vollom wrote:
>> Missing a quote there, should be find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec
>> file {} '+'
>
> steven@Studio25:~$ find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec
> find: missing argument to `-exec'

It's all one line:

find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec file {} '+'

Anyway, you already posted the results we need. They are both AVI files.

Matt Flaschen

Old 01-16-2009, 01:57 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Steven Vollom wrote:
>> Well, you know the files aren't on CD or floppy, right? So just ignore
>> those entries.
>
> Well Matt, in the 'Storage Media', of the eight entries, only sdb5 functions
> when I click on it, and it doesn't contain the files I needed. I was able to
> find them pressing Alt+F2 and entering /media/sda7. The 'Storage Media'
> choice has pretty much become useless.

I'm sorry, I don't know why that happened.

Matt Flaschen

Old 01-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Steven Vollom

On Thursday 15 January 2009 9:55:52 pm Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> >> Missing a quote there, should be find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec
> >> file {} '+'
> >
> > steven@Studio25:~$ find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec
> > find: missing argument to `-exec'
>
> It's all one line:
>
> find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec file {} '+'
>
> Anyway, you already posted the results we need. They are both AVI files.
>
> Matt Flaschen

Dear Matt,

I cut and pasted the entire line and that is what showed when I did that.
What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Steven

Old 01-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Steven Vollom wrote:
>>> steven@Studio25:~$ find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec
>>> find: missing argument to `-exec'
>> It's all one line:
>>
>> find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec file {} '+'
>>
>> Anyway, you already posted the results we need. They are both AVI files.
>>
>> Matt Flaschen
>
> Dear Matt,
>
> I cut and pasted the entire line and that is what showed when I did that.
> What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Can you copy the entire lines (command and output) from your terminal
(from steven@Studio25 all the way to the end)?

Matt Flaschen

Old 01-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Steven Vollom

> Can you copy the entire lines (command and output) from your terminal
> (from steven@Studio25 all the way to the end)?

I am not sure I understand the question, however, is what you want what
happens after I enter *find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec file {} '+'

steven@Studio25:~$ find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec file {} '+'
find: /media/sda7/lost+found: Permission denied
/media/sda7/O Jerusalem I: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 608 x 256, 25.00
fps, video: XviD, audio: Dolby AC3 (6 channels, 48000 Hz)
/media/sda7/O Jerusalem II: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 608 x 256, 25.00
fps, video: XviD, audio: Dolby AC3 (6 channels, 48000 Hz)
steven@Studio25:~$

I hope this is what you asked for.

Steven

Old 01-16-2009, 02:46 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Steven Vollom wrote:
>> Can you copy the entire lines (command and output) from your terminal
>> (from steven@Studio25 all the way to the end)?
>
> I am not sure I understand the question, however, is what you want what
> happens after I enter find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec file {} '+'
>
> steven@Studio25:~$ find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec file {} '+'
> find: /media/sda7/lost+found: Permission denied
> /media/sda7/O Jerusalem I: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 608 x 256, 25.00
> fps, video: XviD, audio: Dolby AC3 (6 channels, 48000 Hz)
> /media/sda7/O Jerusalem II: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 608 x 256, 25.00
> fps, video: XviD, audio: Dolby AC3 (6 channels, 48000 Hz)
> steven@Studio25:~$

There, that's correct. You pasted the whole line this time and it worked.

Matt Flaschen

Old 01-16-2009, 02:51 AM
Steven Vollom

On Thursday 15 January 2009 9:55:52 pm Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> >> Missing a quote there, should be find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec
> >> file {} '+'
> >
> > steven@Studio25:~$ find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec
> > find: missing argument to `-exec'
>
> It's all one line:
>
> find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer*" -exec file {} '+'
>
> Anyway, you already posted the results we need. They are both AVI files.
>
> Matt Flaschen

If I posted the right information, what do I do to join the two files? TIA.

Steven

Old 01-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Steven Vollom wrote:
>> Of if you can't find the exact filenames, just do:
>>
>> find /media/sda7 -name "*Jer* -exec file {} '+'
>>
>> Either way, post the results.
>>
> steven@Studio25:~$ file "/media/sda7/O Jerusalem I" "/media/sda7/O
> Jerusalem II"
> /media/sda7/O Jerusalem I: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 608 x 256,
> 25.00 fps, video: XviD, audio: Dolby AC3 (6 channels, 48000 Hz)
> /media/sda7/O Jerusalem II: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 608 x 256,
> 25.00 fps, video: XviD, audio: Dolby AC3 (6 channels, 48000 Hz)

Okay, I had to do some testing. But what you need to do is:

sudo apt-get install transcode

avimerge -o "/media/sda7/Jerusalem.avi" -i "/media/sda7/O Jerusalem I"
"/media/sda7/O Jerusalem II"

Starting from avimerge, that's all one line.

Matt Flaschen