Old 01-14-2009, 02:06 PM
"Bas Roufs"

Default K3B - how to burn an ISO-CD without errors? - SOLVED!

Dear everybody

Thanks for all your contributions to this thread.
This idea appeared to be an effective clue:
> ...try cleaning the laser and lens with one of those cleaning disks ....
I did so this morning.
Additionally, I used another kind of CD which seemingly could be
handled better by my burner - a device with a maximum speed of '40x'.
The combination of these measures proved to be enough to get an image
without mistakes and to successfully install Kubuntu 8.10 at a laptop.
One after-install question remains: I get back to that question in
another message.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas Roufs.

--