Old 01-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Jimmy Stewpot

Default KDE 4.2 RC

Hello,

I have recently been testing the KDE 4.2 second beta and the RC release
since yesterday. One thing that is really annoying me is that the ALT F1
key combination seems to no longer bring up the k menu/application
launcher as expected. I have tried all the usual tricks and nothing
seems to fix it. I am interested to know if this is something that other
people are experiencing? Other hotkeys still work fine like ALT-F2 to
bring up kicker etc. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Jimmy

Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 PM
"Tycho Andersen"

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Jimmy Stewpot <mailers@oranged.to> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently been testing the KDE 4.2 second beta and the RC release
> since yesterday. One thing that is really annoying me is that the ALT F1
> key combination seems to no longer bring up the k menu/application
> launcher as expected.

I just tested ALT+F1 on my 8.10 box with 4.1, and it doesn't work here
either. However, after setting it to ALT+F1 manually, it works just
fine. Are you sure it ever did work?

Tycho

--
http://tycho.ws