Old 01-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Brian Norman Wootton

Default C6380 wi-fi connection

Ulrich Gr?n wrote:

> > Namast?,
> >
> > I've connected my HP C6380 via the Linksys WUSB54gr wireless card (at
> > least, that is what I try).
> >
> > The configuration program RutilT finds my printer, as soon as the
> > printer is on. My laptop then sends 'DHCPDISCOVER on WLAN0 to
> > 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 15'.
> >
> > After some attempts, I receive the message: 'no DHCPOFFERS
> > received', and RutilT shows my printer as disconnected again.
> >
> > Does anybody know (or has a clue) what might be going on? The HP
> > software on my linuxbox (Debian 4.0) is well installed.

It sounds like you don't have a DHCP Server anywhere on the wireless
network. If you only have your laptop (with wireless) and a printer
attached to a WUSB45gr are going to have problems. You will either need
to set up your laptop to be wireless router/DHCP server or invest in a
wireless router. Hope this helps.

You could also go here <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=uk&dlc=en&product=3560280&lc=en& jumpid=reg_R1002_UKEN> download the PDF 'Basic Guide' and read the relevant
entry under network setup, there's one for 'router-less' wi-fi connection
to a laptop from this printer.
hope this helps too
brian

Old 01-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Ulrich Grn

Am Montag, 12. Januar 2009 21:11:58 schrieb Brian Norman Wootton:

> It sounds like you don't have a DHCP Server anywhere on the wireless

> network. If you only have your laptop (with wireless) and a printer

> attached to a WUSB45gr are going to have problems. You will either need

> to set up your laptop to be wireless router/DHCP server or invest in a

> wireless router. Hope this helps.

> You could also go here

> <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=uk&dlc=en&product=356

>0280&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_UKEN> download the PDF 'Basic Guide' and read

> the relevant entry under network setup, there's one for 'router-less' wi-fi

> connection to a laptop from this printer.

> hope this helps too

> brian

Thank you very much.

I will read through the relevant entry and play with setting up the laptop acting as DHCP server as soon as I have some spare time.

I will report the results.

--

Love and Light,

Ulrich

" To faith only the holy is true, to knowledge only the true is holy "

(L. Feuerbach)

OS: Kubuntu 8.04 (Linux) de.geocities.com/india_ulrich/Philosophie.html