Old 01-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Nigel Ridley

Default Forgot username password - Solved!

Nigel Ridley wrote:
> I just bought a new Dell laptop with Ubuntu (I intend immediately to install kubuntu-desktop) and
> can't get into it :-( They didn't supply the username password and i have contacted my local Dell
> service center - but until they get back to me I figured that you guys could help me get into my
> new laptop.
>
> How can I set a new [admin] username password?
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

Replying to self here:
Found the answer here:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/resetpassword

Blessings,

Nigel

Old 01-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Geoffrey Bays

Nigel:

thanks for replying to yourself, because the psychocats.net site has
got really easy to follow suggestions
for those of us who are not *buntu adepts. Excellent link!

Cheers,

Geoffrey Bays