-   -   How do I remove Newsmax from my emails? (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/225791-how-do-i-remove-newsmax-my-emails.html)

Steven Vollom 01-10-2009 08:31 PM

How do I remove Newsmax from my emails?

It isn't that I don't like what I read on Newsmax, it is that I don't like to
get what I don't request. Newsmax has a remove me withing 24 hours option
that just does not work. I have tried that many times, in fact, yesterday at
the most recent and the day before that.

Again, I am a little dense on understanding the filter function of my email
service, Kmail. Is it possible to have Kmail just delete them as they
arrive. If so, how do I set up that option?

From:
"Newsmax.com" <newsmax@newsmax.sparklist.com> is how it shows when I receive
them. Thanks!

Steven

Jerry Lapham 01-12-2009 05:09 AM

On Saturday 10 January 2009 4:31:45 pm Steven Vollom wrote:

> It isn't that I don't like what I read on Newsmax, it is that I don't like
> to get what I don't request. Newsmax has a remove me withing 24 hours
> option that just does not work. I have tried that many times, in fact,
> yesterday at the most recent and the day before that.
>
> Again, I am a little dense on understanding the filter function of my email
> service, Kmail. Is it possible to have Kmail just delete them as they
> arrive. If so, how do I set up that option?
>
> From:
> "Newsmax.com" <newsmax@newsmax.sparklist.com> is how it shows when I
> receive them. Thanks!
>
> Steven

1. Highlight your Newmax message

2. Right click for drop down menu

3. Left click on: Create Filter -> Filter on From

4. Select: "Match all of the following" and make it "From contains newsmax"

5. Under Filter Actions select: Move into folder "trash"

That should take care of it.

-Jerry
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH 45050
rjlapham@gmail.com

Graham Todd 01-12-2009 03:52 PM

How do I remove Newsmax from my emails?

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:31:45 -0500
Steven Vollom <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Again, I am a little dense on understanding the filter function of my
> email service, Kmail. Is it possible to have Kmail just delete them
> as they arrive. If so, how do I set up that option?
[snipped]

Well, it all depends on what kind of mail you receive (pop3 or imap).

If you receive pop3 mail then you might like to check out mailfilter.
This tiny program kills mail on the server according to regex filter
rules you set up in a .mailfilterrc file (don't worry there are helpful
instructions on the main website and in the suggested files.

KMail has the facility to preprocess commands before the main program
is run, so if you call mailfilter before kmail you will kill mail you
do not want BEFORE downloading your mail.

Its website is http://mailfilter.sourceforge.net

--
Graham Todd