FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-24-2007, 10:42 PM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default Bluetooth transfers

I have successfully transfered files via bluetooth in the past with
kbluetoothd, but now I cannot remember what passcode I used. How can I
reset that passcode? Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-25-2007, 03:52 AM
Dax Solomon Umaming
 
Default Bluetooth transfers

On Tuesday 25 December 2007 7:42:47 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I have successfully transfered files via bluetooth in the past with
> kbluetoothd, but now I cannot remember what passcode I used. How can I
> reset that passcode? Thanks in advance.

Delete the paired devices from your bluetooth device and from
KBluetooth>Configuration>Paired/Trusted Devices.

Then try sending another file from KBluetooth to your bluetooth device and
it'll ask for another passcode.

--
Dax Solomon Umaming
http://knightlust.com/
GPG: 0x715C3547
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-25-2007, 04:53 AM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default Bluetooth transfers

On 25/12/2007, Dax Solomon Umaming <knightlust@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 December 2007 7:42:47 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I have successfully transfered files via bluetooth in the past with
> > kbluetoothd, but now I cannot remember what passcode I used. How can I
> > reset that passcode? Thanks in advance.
>
> Delete the paired devices from your bluetooth device and from
> KBluetooth>Configuration>Paired/Trusted Devices.
>
> Then try sending another file from KBluetooth to your bluetooth device and
> it'll ask for another passcode.

The passcode is requested on the phone device only, not on the Kubuntu computer.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-26-2007, 05:36 PM
"John DeCarlo"
 
Default Bluetooth transfers

On Dec 25, 2007 12:53 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

The passcode is requested on the phone device only, not on the Kubuntu computer.

Phones are usually set to one passcode, often 00.* Check the phone manual.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-26-2007, 10:42 PM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default Bluetooth transfers

On 26/12/2007, John DeCarlo <johndecarlo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 25, 2007 12:53 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The passcode is requested on the phone device only, not on the Kubuntu
> computer.
> >
>
> Phones are usually set to one passcode, often 00. Check the phone manual.
>

No, the phone is asking me for the computer's passcode. I don't
remember what it is.

One time, several weeks ago, during my first bluetooth transfer, I set
that passcode. Where is it stored? How can it be changed?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Samps
 
Default Bluetooth transfers

On Thursday 27 December 2007 10:12, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> One time, several weeks ago, during my first bluetooth transfer, I set
> that passcode. Where is it stored? How can it be changed?

Don't know, but mine is in /etc/bluetooth/pin

Samps

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-26-2007, 11:58 PM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default Bluetooth transfers

On 27/12/2007, Samps <carlos@unplugd.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 27 December 2007 10:12, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >
> > One time, several weeks ago, during my first bluetooth transfer, I set
> > that passcode. Where is it stored? How can it be changed?
>
> Don't know, but mine is in /etc/bluetooth/pin

Thanks. Not for me
feisty@feisty-laptop:~$ cat /etc/bluetooth/pin
cat: /etc/bluetooth/pin: No such file or directory

However, grepping blue and pin led me to some likely candidates:
/usr/bin/bluez-pin
/usr/share/bluez-pin
/usr/lib/kdebluetooth/kbluepin

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-27-2007, 01:17 AM
David McGlone
 
Default Bluetooth transfers

On Wednesday 26 December 2007 7:58:02 pm Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 27/12/2007, Samps <carlos@unplugd.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 27 December 2007 10:12, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > One time, several weeks ago, during my first bluetooth transfer, I set
> > > that passcode. Where is it stored? How can it be changed?
> >
> > Don't know, but mine is in /etc/bluetooth/pin
>
> Thanks. Not for me
> feisty@feisty-laptop:~$ cat /etc/bluetooth/pin
> cat: /etc/bluetooth/pin: No such file or directory

Just delete the pairing on both devices and then try and sync again. Just
right click on the bluetooth icon on your taskbar and select configuration ->
paired/trusted devices and delete your phone. Then do the same on your phone
if you have to and then sync up again with a new or the same password.

--
David M.

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-27-2007, 03:18 AM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default Bluetooth transfers

On 27/12/2007, David McGlone <d.mcglone@att.net> wrote:
> Just delete the pairing on both devices and then try and sync again. Just
> right click on the bluetooth icon on your taskbar and select configuration ->
> paired/trusted devices and delete your phone. Then do the same on your phone
> if you have to and then sync up again with a new or the same password.

That was my first instinct. However, the phone does not show in
Configuration -> Paired Devices on the laptop, and the laptop does not
show in the Nokia's Paired Devices either.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Nils Kassube
 
Default Bluetooth transfers

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 27/12/2007, Samps <carlos@unplugd.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 27 December 2007 10:12, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > One time, several weeks ago, during my first bluetooth transfer, I
> > > set that passcode. Where is it stored? How can it be changed?
> >
> > Don't know, but mine is in /etc/bluetooth/pin
>
> Thanks. Not for me
> feisty@feisty-laptop:~$ cat /etc/bluetooth/pin
> cat: /etc/bluetooth/pin: No such file or directory
>
> However, grepping blue and pin led me to some likely candidates:
> /usr/bin/bluez-pin
> /usr/share/bluez-pin
> /usr/lib/kdebluetooth/kbluepin

Please search for the PIN in your kde directory - it is probably somewhere
in ~/.kde/share/apps. Maybe it is stored in your kde-wallet, then it is
stored encrypted an you can only see it with kwalletmanager. Sorry, can't
tell you more because I don't have blue teeth.


Nils

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org