Old 01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
"Peter Williams"

Default My ADVICE!!!: Are you having problems installing Qdebian(Linux) packages.

To Alex and all the ppl who use Lazarus Language,

Hi Alex and All,

Thanks for your reply. I think I'll stick with Mint Linux Gnome for a bit longer. I think the main problem I'm having is that although it work fine after I've* booted-up with the Gnome FailSafe Mode, when my computer does a Hibernate or Suspend... then it gets problems. ;-(

I still regard myself as only a Linux newbie beginner ;-)))

I believe you when you tell me that Xubuntu is a good OS. *SMILE* It's just than I get tired when ppl advice me to install ANOTHER Linux Operating System. I already have different versions of Kubuntu installed!!!! But I don't use then.

I think I'll need to use the Synaptic Package Manager to somehow re-install my Mint Linux ver 5.1 (?) Gnome OS... I think the problem is the I have too many KDE programs install and that's upsetting my poor Gnome Operating System -- which I reallly really like, even tho' I've only been using my Mint Linux Gnome OS for about one week or so.

Can some kind person please help me to re-install my Mint Linux Gnome OS??? I think that I *SHOULD* bootup the Linux command line system... but to be honest -- the Linux Command Line system (? if that's the correct name for it) -- well sometimes it scares the bejesuses out of me!!! (SMILE) I'm an old Micro$oft Windowz user from many years ago.. & while I did use Windowz (many many different versions) and other OSes... I still have trouble remembering Linux commands!!!

I figure that I should be using the Synaptic Package Manager or the Mint Installer -- correct?!?! But I've forgotten how to use them (since I was away on XMAS Holidays for about a fortnight!). Please don't laugh at me!!! :-)

I'd really appreciate some help fixing my broken Mint Linux Gnome OS. It's not happy with some of the KDE programs...

Yours Sincerely and With Much Love,
{ happily using Mint Linux Gnome OS }

PEW** ### GRIN and SMILE ###
-
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS
from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia -- phone (03) 6236-9675

My free website is: http://pewtas.googlepages.com *(or) http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)
Joan Crawford *- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I spend."