Old 01-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Glenn R Williams

Default exim paniclog

Hi All,

I haven't looked into it very deeply, but I periodically get the following
message in my mail:

exim paniclog /var/log/exim4/paniclog on localhost.localdomain has non-zero
size, mail system might be broken

I am on kubuntu, kde 4. When I look at the file, it shows:

-rw-r----- 1 Debian-exim adm 0 2009-01-08 07:35 /var/log/exim4/paniclog

And it does seem to be a zero size!

Does anyone have an idea about where I might begin to trace the problem?

TIA,

Glenn