Old 01-07-2009, 03:13 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

Default Error running KDE3 programs after todays update?

Hi!

Do you get a error running KDE3 programs after todays update?
Started up this morning, installed todays updates, rebooted because of
the nvidia update and now i cant start what looks like KDE3
application only. I get this error running from a console "error while
type 0x17". Tried with Amarok, K3b and Krename.

/ Jonas

Old 01-07-2009, 07:31 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

2009/1/7 Jonas Norlander <jonorland@gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> Do you get a error running KDE3 programs after todays update?
> Started up this morning, installed todays updates, rebooted because of
> the nvidia update and now i cant start what looks like KDE3
> application only. I get this error running from a console "error while
> type 0x17". Tried with Amarok, K3b and Krename.
>
> / Jonas

It turned out that it was a damaged file. Running debsums (did not
know of that program before) gave me this:
jonas@intrepid-amd9650:~$ debsums libqt3-mt
/usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.8 FAILED
/usr/lib/libqui.so.1.0.0 OK
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/imageformats/libqmng.so OK
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/inputmethods/libqimsw-multi.so OK
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/inputmethods/libqimsw-none.so OK
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/inputmethods/libqsimple.so OK
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/inputmethods/libqxim.so OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/changelog.gz OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/README OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/README.immodule OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/README-QT.TXT OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/PLATFORMS OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/copyright OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/README.Debian.gz OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/changelog.Debian.gz OK

Reinstalling libqt3-mt fixed the damaged file and i can now run KDE3
programs again.

/ Jonas