Old 01-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Steven Vollom

Default How do I activate my sdb5 partition and have it stay active continually. **RESOLVED**

Billie Walsh wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> Thanks again to all. I am trying to end an unending post. The problem
>> was finally resolved by a Texas Guru, Constantinos Maltezos; I have
>> saved the solution and will provide it for any who want it. Just email
>> me at stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net. I am grateful to you all. It was
>> resolved in three pieces, but the final contribution came from
>> Constantinos. What a strong list we have. I wish I could contribute
>> more, but my contributions seem to be placing posts that teach well.
>> Some day I hope to join you who actually do the work. I am so very
>> grateful to you all.
>>
>> Steven
>>

> Steven,
>
> E-mail threads will tend to take on a life of their own. Think of it as
> a sort of giving birth and raising the child. At birth you pose a
> question to the group. As the thread matures it is often resolved. Then,
> like a child moving on into life as an individual it's likely to move in
> directions never dreamed of. At this point the original poster no longer
> has any control, just as we have no control over an adult offspring.
> Like one of our children, just when you think it's moved on someone will
> be reading through the archives and the thread comes back again.
>
> All anyone can do is originate a thread. There's no way to end one. Just
> let it run it's course.

Dear Billie,

In the past, someone complained about my post length and having to read
the same things over and over. I have wanted to be in harmony with the
desire of the List, as far as use is concerned. That is why I attempted
to end the post. I believe I understand. So if the post evolves, no
one will think that it is I who am keeping it alive after the problem is
solved. Thanks. I just don't want to offend my favorite source for help.

Steven

Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Steven Vollom

> extraneous information is just that - extraneous. So it requires more
> effort to get to the new part when you've already gotten the gist of the
> old part.
Thanks, I now understand the why. My replies are that way, aren't they?

Steven

Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Steven Vollom

> > Thanks, I now understand the why. My replies are that way, aren't they?
>
> Only sometimes.

Please discipline me when I screw up. Sometimes old habits are hard to break.
I am trying though