-   -   How do I activate my sdb5 partition and have it stay active continually. **RESOLVED** (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/222710-how-do-i-activate-my-sdb5-partition-have-stay-active-continually-resolved.html)

Billie Walsh 01-05-2009 12:56 PM

Steven Vollom wrote:
> Thanks again to all. I am trying to end an unending post. The problem
> was finally resolved by a Texas Guru, Constantinos Maltezos; I have
> saved the solution and will provide it for any who want it. Just email
> me at stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net. I am grateful to you all. It was
> resolved in three pieces, but the final contribution came from
> Constantinos. What a strong list we have. I wish I could contribute
> more, but my contributions seem to be placing posts that teach well.
> Some day I hope to join you who actually do the work. I am so very
> grateful to you all.
>
> Steven

Steven,

E-mail threads will tend to take on a life of their own. Think of it as
a sort of giving birth and raising the child. At birth you pose a
question to the group. As the thread matures it is often resolved. Then,
like a child moving on into life as an individual it's likely to move in
directions never dreamed of. At this point the original poster no longer
has any control, just as we have no control over an adult offspring.
Like one of our children, just when you think it's moved on someone will
be reading through the archives and the thread comes back again.

All anyone can do is originate a thread. There's no way to end one. Just
let it run it's course.

--
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.