Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Bruce Marshall

Default Only with List permission.

On Sunday 04 January 2009, Steven Vollom wrote:
> I have and am being hurt by a hardware supplier. May I post what they have
> done and are continuing to do to me? I am angry, of course, but mostly I
> want to save members from a like situation. As much as I want to because
> they deserve the spanking, I won't unless with the permission of the List.
>
> Steven P.S.: If not, I will respond to any private inquiry
> from those who also do not want to be
> abused.

My opinion: keep that kind of thing off-list.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 PM
"Mani A"

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I have and am being hurt by a hardware supplier. May I post what they have
> done and are continuing to do to me? I am angry, of course, but mostly I
> want to save members from a like situation. As much as I want to because
> they deserve the spanking, I won't unless with the permission of the List.

If it is Linux or OSS or FOSS related, then do post

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani
Member, Cal. Math. Soc

Old 01-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Paul Lemmons

Steven Vollom wrote:
I have and am being hurt by a hardware supplier. May I post what they have
done and are continuing to do to me? I am angry, of course, but mostly I
want to save members from a like situation. As much as I want to because
they deserve the spanking, I won't unless with the permission of the List.

Unless it is directly related to kubuntu I would say no. It may feel
good to rant and it may even be good information but that is not why
most of us are on this list. If you choose to post it anyway, please
prefix your subject line with "OT:" so that we can see that it is off topic.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Steven Vollom

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Sunday 04 January 2009, Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> I have and am being hurt by a hardware supplier. May I post what they have
>> done and are continuing to do to me? I am angry, of course, but mostly I
>> want to save members from a like situation. As much as I want to because
>> they deserve the spanking, I won't unless with the permission of the List.
>>
>> Steven P.S.: If not, I will respond to any private inquiry
>> from those who also do not want to be
>> abused.
>>

> My opinion: keep that kind of thing off-list.

Thanks Bruce. It is not a desire for revenge, it is a desire to help
you who help me from getting caught in the same unethical behavior. I
will respect your wishes.

Steven

Old 01-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Steven Vollom

Mani A wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Steven Vollom
> <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> I have and am being hurt by a hardware supplier. May I post what they have
>> done and are continuing to do to me? I am angry, of course, but mostly I
>> want to save members from a like situation. As much as I want to because
>> they deserve the spanking, I won't unless with the permission of the List.
>>

> If it is Linux or OSS or FOSS related, then do post
>
> Best
>
> A. Mani

It involves the purchase of hardware. Too many broken promises with
never taking responsibility for their failure. I don't want to do
anything to hurt this List. I am only interested in helping you, my
friends from running into the same problem. Any of you can send me an
email outside of the list, if you want to know the particulars.

Steven

Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Steven Vollom

Paul Lemmons wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>> I have and am being hurt by a hardware supplier. May I post what
>> they have done and are continuing to do to me? I am angry, of
>> course, but mostly I want to save members from a like situation. As
>> much as I want to because they deserve the spanking, I won't unless
>> with the permission of the List.
>>
> Unless it is directly related to kubuntu I would say no. It may feel
> good to rant and it may even be good information but that is not why
> most of us are on this list. If you choose to post it anyway, please
> prefix your subject line with "OT:" so that we can see that it is off
> topic.
Those people who want the information can respond to my email address.
I will answer every email even if there are thousands. I just want our
good people protected from a company whose character and ethics do not
measure up to their advertizements. Lots of glitzy superficial stuff in
their offering and abusive treatment when trying to solve the problem.
Their technical representatives are so persuasive that even inside of a
long stand and unserved problem, you still want to trust them.
Nonetheless, they have never kept a commitment; I am not sure they will
ever accept the return of a defectively manufactured product.

I don't want to try to circumvent the rules of the list. It would
weaken the List and I love it. Thanks for your reply.

Steven