Old 01-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Georgi Kourtev

Default K3b ripping problem

I want to rip to MP3 certain audio CDs using K3b. While doing this (using the defaults MP3 lame options) I got an error executing it: Command failed: lame -h -tt <Name of collection> etc.....

For other formats like .ogg it works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

gk

Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Paul Lemmons

Georgi Kourtev wrote:

I want to rip to MP3
certain audio CDs using K3b. While doing this (using the defaults MP3
lame options) I got an error executing it: Command failed: lame -h -tt
<Name of collection> etc.....

For other formats like .ogg
it works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

gk

Just guessing...

sudo apt-get install lame

I can't remember if it is in the regular repositories. You may need to
add the Medibuntu repository to find it. Instructins can be found at:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

Old 01-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Art Alexion

On 01/04/2009 Paul Lemmons wrote:
> sudo apt-get install lame

Its

sudo apt-get install libk3b2-mp3

while you are at it, you may also want to install libk3b2-extracodecs.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:38 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

2009/1/5 Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com>:
> On 01/04/2009 Paul Lemmons wrote:
>> sudo apt-get install lame
>>

> Its
>
> sudo apt-get install libk3b2-mp3
>
> while you are at it, you may also want to install libk3b2-extracodecs.

The OP don't say what Kubuntu version hes running. On my Intrepid i
got this package:
jonas@intrepid-amd9650:~$ apt-cache search libk3b
libk3b-dev - The KDE cd burning application library - development files
libk3b3 - The KDE cd burning application library - runtime files
libk3b3-extracodecs - The KDE cd burning application library - extra decoders
libk3b2-extracodecs - transitional package for K3b's extra decoders

libk3b2-extracodecs is a dummy package depending on libk3b3-extracodecs.

/ Jonas

Old 01-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Georgi Kourtev

Did all that but still doesn't help

Old 01-08-2009, 10:33 AM
"Jonas Norlander"

2009/1/4 Georgi Kourtev <gkourtev@gmail.com>:
> I want to rip to MP3 certain audio CDs using K3b. While doing this (using
> the defaults MP3 lame options) I got an error executing it: Command failed:
> lame -h -tt <Name of collection> etc.....
>
> For other formats like .ogg it works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.
>
> gk

Did some testing and had same errors like you but i found a solution.

The solution was to check "swap byte order" and "write wave header" in
the settings for Mp3 (lame)

1) Start k3b with an audio CD

2) Check CD from CDDB

3) Click "Start Ripping"

4) Select MP3 (Lame) as filetype

5) Click the settings button to the right

6) Select the Mp3 (Lame) and click edit

7) Check both "swap byte order" and "write wave header" then OK and OK

Optional) Change Lame command. I got:
lame -h --preset extreme --add-id3v2 --tt %t --ta %a --tl %m --ty %y
--tc %c --tn %n - %f

8) Save settings!!

9) Start ripping

Happy ripping!