Old 01-04-2009, 03:41 PM
"Gerald I. Evenden"

Default Troubles with kmail and Konqueror

In any operation in kmail where Konqueror is initiated as the result of a web
address, etc. I often get into trouble because some web sites cannot be
processed by Konqueror. I can go to the same url with Mozilla with no
problem but Konqueror hangs up.

My question is: can kmail be altered so that Mozilla is used automatically
rather than Konqueror? I can't find any 'preference' switch, etc..

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Sunday 04 January 2009, Gerald I. Evenden wrote:
> My question is: can kmail be altered so that Mozilla is used automatically
> rather than Konqueror? *I can't find any 'preference' switch, etc..

Check for settings ---> KDE components --> file associations and then
search for HTML.

But if you are running KDE4, all bets are off on the above.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:35 PM
"Gerald I. Evenden"

On Sunday 04 January 2009 11:58:07 am Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Sunday 04 January 2009, Gerald I. Evenden wrote:
> > My question is: can kmail be altered so that Mozilla is used
> > automatically rather than Konqueror? *I can't find any 'preference'
> > switch, etc..
>
> Check for settings ---> KDE components --> file associations and
> then search for HTML.
>
> But if you are running KDE4, all bets are off on the above.

Your suggestion led me:

system setting -> default application -> web browser
and selecting firefox in the toggle entry "in the following brower:"

I hit one of the http's referred to in an email and Firefox came up.

So far, so good, thanks.