Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Steven Vollom

Default How do I activate my sdb5 partition and have it stay active continually? **RESOLVED** Thanks to all.

Dear Mathew,

It works again. You can't know how frustrated I have been. I have been
trying to repair the problem for over a year. I have worked around the
problem, however, the extra steps are a little annoying. I am laughing
so much that I am making mistakes while responding. I am so happy.

I don't fully understand what has happened, but I am copying the process
and will study until I understand. If I get confused, may I write to
get a little additional coaching?
> ls -ld /media/sdb5
> ls -ld /media/sdb5/NewDirectory
> ls -l /media/sdb5/NewDirectory

steven@Studio25:~$ sudo chown steven:steven /media/sdb5
[sudo] password for steven:
steven@Studio25:~$ mkdir /media/sdb5/NewDirectory
steven@Studio25:~$ touch /media/sdb5/NewDirectory/test.txt
steven@Studio25:~$ ls -ld /media/sdb5
drwxr-xr-x 5 steven steven 4096 2009-01-04 02:08 /media/sdb5
steven@Studio25:~$ ls -ld /media/sdb5/NewDirectory
drwxr-xr-x 2 steven steven 4096 2009-01-04 02:06 /media/sdb5/NewDirectory
steven@Studio25:~$ ls -l /media/sdb5/NewDirectory
total 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 steven steven 0 2009-01-04 02:06 test.txt
steven@Studio25:~$

I can't wait to have your understanding. Thanks again friend.

Steven