-   -   Wicd Manager never connects (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/222086-wicd-manager-never-connects.html)

jerry Lapham 01-04-2009 05:41 AM

Wicd Manager never connects

I took my Acer Aspire 3002LCi laptop to a friends house and tried to connect
to her Linksys router. Wicd found it marked as uprotected but when I tried
to connect Wicd showed it waiting of an IP until it timed out.

I have no trouble connecting to my D-Link DI-524 wireless router at home or to
routers at several motels.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be. I'm home now and can't give
further details.

-Jerry

Pastor JW 01-04-2009 06:08 AM

On Saturday 03 January 2009 10:41:56 pm jerry Lapham wrote:
> I took my Acer Aspire 3002LCi laptop to a friends house and tried to
> connect to her Linksys router. Wicd found it marked as uprotected but
> when I tried to connect Wicd showed it waiting of an IP until it timed out.
>
> I have no trouble connecting to my D-Link DI-524 wireless router at home or
> to routers at several motels.
>
> Any ideas as to what the problem could be. I'm home now and can't give
> further details.

Well, mine does that to people too when they try to get on my "unnamed
network", yet it DOES have a name. However, mine is also set not to
broadcast, ...AND is set to exclude all MAC addresses but those I add to my
list. ;) ;)

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Jerry Lapham 01-04-2009 06:45 PM

On Sunday 04 January 2009 2:08:41 am Pastor JW wrote:

> On Saturday 03 January 2009 10:41:56 pm jerry Lapham wrote:
> > I took my Acer Aspire 3002LCi laptop to a friends house and tried to
> > connect to her Linksys router. Wicd found it marked as uprotected but
> > when I tried to connect Wicd showed it waiting of an IP until it timed
> > out.
> >
> > I have no trouble connecting to my D-Link DI-524 wireless router at home
> > or to routers at several motels.
> >
> > Any ideas as to what the problem could be. I'm home now and can't give
> > further details.
>
> Well, mine does that to people too when they try to get on my "unnamed
> network", yet it DOES have a name. However, mine is also set not to
> broadcast, ...AND is set to exclude all MAC addresses but those I add to
> my list. ;) ;)

But this is not an unnamed network and it does broadcast. It's just unsecured
and I should be able to connect.

-Jerry