Old 01-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Steven Vollom

Default How do I activate my sdb5 partition and have it stay active continually.

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2009/1/3 Steven Vollom <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net>:
>
>> What I meant by this, is sdb5 says 'Access Denied', while the subfolder can
>> hold data.
>>

> Once we get the partion automounting, if that problem persists we will
> handle it separately. I prefer to do that from the CLI, not from
> nautilus, so that we can _really_ see what is happening without some
> abstraction between our commands and the output.
>
> Does the partition automatically mount now that you have switched
> "noauto" to "auto"?

Yes my friend. Thanks. It makes me so happy. That problem has been
with me for a long time.

Is there any way you could send me the emails with the code in them. I
lost all my email records when the cure occurred. I would like to save
that one, in case I may be able to help someone else. If you no longer
have them, that's OK, I didn't realize the cure would cause that loss.
Some day maybe I will think 360 degrees and stop the tragic losses.
Perhaps the cure is archived and I can retrieve it.

You are the best, my friend. I thought that was a problem that did not
have a Konqueror. I was so happy, I laughed off and on for hours; a day
later, I am still smiling.

Cudos my freind,
Steven

Old 01-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Steven Vollom

Dotan Cohen wrote:

Excellent. Now, lets see what is in there:

$ cd /media/sdb5
$ ls -l
$ sudo cd /media/sdb5
$ sudo ls -l

How does the highlighted differ from the entry two above?

steven@Studio25:~$ cd /media/sdb5

steven@Studio25:/media/sdb5$ ls -l

total 20

drwx------ 2 root** root 16384 2008-10-12 15:16 lost+found

drwxr-xr-x 4 steven root* 4096 2008-12-28 02:56 steven

steven@Studio25:/media/sdb5$ sudo cd /media/sdb5

[sudo] password for steven:

sudo: cd: command not found

steven@Studio25:/media/sdb5$ sudo ls -l

total 20

drwx------ 2 root** root 16384 2008-10-12 15:16 lost+found

drwxr-xr-x 4 steven root* 4096 2008-12-28 02:56 steven

steven@Studio25:/media/sdb5$

Thanks little brother,

Steven