-   -   KDM display resolution != KDE display resolution (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/22183-kdm-display-resolution-kde-display-resolution.html)

"Carlos A. Carnero Delgado" 12-21-2007 05:54 PM

KDM display resolution != KDE display resolution

Hello,

I'm having problems with X: when I boot the initial KDM screen does
not use the resolution I need, 1280x1024@60 (because that's the
monitor's native resolution.) Once I log in, KDE will use it properly.
The funny thing is that if I log out then KDM will keep 1280x1024@60,
which is actually what I need.

Is KDM's X configuration different from KDE? I thought that KDE (and
KDM, for that matter) use whatever resolution I have set for X.org.

The motherboard is an Intel DG965WH, which has an integrated graphics
controller GMA X3000. The monitor is an LG FLATRON L1953T (19") which
is currently conected using a VGA cable (analog.) Attached are my
/etc/X11/xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log files (please note that any
reference to "tango" is just the machine's name.)

Thanks a lot,
Carlos.
--
<nick> grah windows just crashed again, unstable crap.
<yukito> Windows isn't unstable, it's just spontaneous.