Old 01-02-2009, 04:19 PM
"Geoffrey Bays"

Default Audio with Kopete?

K-Users:

I got a new webcam, a Logitech Communicate MP, and it works great
out-of-the-box with Kubuntu Hardy.
I have figured out how to get the video feed from this to work in
Kopete. (wish it worked in Pidgin.)

But I have no clue how to get the audio from the webcam microphone
working in Kopete, if this is even possible.
The Yahoo Messenger client on Windows will do audio just fine. The
Kopete help files are no help at all.

Any thoughts? Has anyone gotten webcam audio through Kopete? Or do I
have to do a simultaneous voip call with ekiga or skype?

Cheers,

Geoffrey Bays

Old 01-09-2009, 07:11 PM
"Michael Hirsch"

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Geoffrey Bays <charioteer7@gmail.com> wrote:
> K-Users:
>
> I got a new webcam, a Logitech Communicate MP, and it works great
> out-of-the-box with Kubuntu Hardy.
> I have figured out how to get the video feed from this to work in
> Kopete. (wish it worked in Pidgin.)
>
> But I have no clue how to get the audio from the webcam microphone
> working in Kopete, if this is even possible.
> The Yahoo Messenger client on Windows will do audio just fine. The
> Kopete help files are no help at all.
>
> Any thoughts? Has anyone gotten webcam audio through Kopete? Or do I
> have to do a simultaneous voip call with ekiga or skype?

You probably have two audio devices, now. Your old on and the one in
the webcam. You'll need to configure kopete to use the new one. One
possibility is to configure KDE, or some lower level part of the
system, to use the new one. Maybe you can open kmixer and choose the
audio device. I don't recall how kopete deals with it.

Michael