Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Brian Wootton

Default Cleaning gold contacts

>> This might
>> save you having to buy new memory.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> You are so amazing, Karl. I will try that. You are making me laugh. I
> realize things are not funny here, but unexpected happiness makes me laugh.
> I will use alcohol unless you again reply. I tell you this so that if it is
> a proper cleaning agent you won't have to reply again. I also plan to run a
> complete test after the cleaning. If the connection points are clean, and
> there are no errors, I will post the conclusions for the sake of others.
> Thanks again friend. I am going to post this as Resolved. I left the above
> instead of removing irrelevant parts so that people will know the process,
> because I am posting resolved.
>
> Steven
>
> *I designed, built and repaired umpteen computer PCBs in my job before I retired and the only*

contact cleaner I would recommend is a rubber, preferably an ink rubber,
but a pencil one will do, don't attempt to clean the socket - work
the 'cleaned' pcb contacts in and out of the socket a couple or three
times and then use the rubber on the contacts again. Any liquid is
contra-indicated.
brian