Old 12-24-2007, 12:07 AM
"Nithin Gaurav"

Default enable amarok mp3...Do not ignore pls.

Well,,, Wat if you use winamp?????... .first u hav to download a software called wine.... But u hav to download from kubuntu itself... just search for the name and u will get it... then do accordingly as guided in the search page... Once u hav downloaded the software and installed it.. from then onwards u can execute any .exe file that runs on windows.... I hope u got me....pls reply

*

*
On 12/23/07, Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpatrickdavies@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sunday 23 December 2007 14:25:48 homayoon taheri wrote:
> I don't have direct access to internet to update

> amarok (in kubuntu 7.10) .
> How can I find name of required package to enable mp3 in
> amarok.

Install 'libxine1-ffmpeg' from universe, and that should be all.

One can download it from

****** http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/libs/libxine1-ffmpeg

Jonathan
--
Kubuntu - Pure KGX******http://www.kubuntu.org

Old 12-24-2007, 02:17 AM
Paul Lemmons

wrote:
On
Sunday 23 December 2007 14:25:48 homayoon taheri wrote:

> I don't have direct access to internet to update

> amarok (in kubuntu 7.10) .

> How can I find name of required package to enable mp3 in

> amarok.

Install 'libxine1-ffmpeg' from universe, and that should be all.

One can download it from

****** http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/libs/libxine1-ffmpeg

Jonathan

--

Kubuntu - Pure KGX******http://www.kubuntu.org

Keep the wine for special occasions. This is not one of those
occasions.

You clearly have internet access somewhere because you sent this note.
Use that connection to download the .deb's to a memory stick and then
install from the stick. Though I have not done it but I *think* you can
go to http://packages.medibuntu.org/pool/non-free and download the
.deb's from there.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Jonathan Patrick Davies

Please read what the original poster said:

> > > I don't have direct access to internet to update
> > > amarok (in kubuntu 7.10) .

As for Winamp I do not know (I have never used Wine) -- there are plenty of
free software alternatives out there which work just great.