Old 01-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Steven Vollom

Default How do I use the archive?

I would like to know how to access and use the archive. I believe I could
reduce the number of questions I post as well as learn better by fighting out
the answers. I currently have a problem with certain programs, like
Ktorrent, that open 2 to 3 pages longer than the screen and do not have a
scrollbar to move the data up. Sometimes a page will open that is twice the
width of my 22" monitor and not have an ability to drag the edge to re-size
the window to fit the screen. I am currently using the alt key+ holdingdown
the left mouse button to drag the contents until readable. If I attempt to
re size the window by clicking on the maximize tab, nothing happens.

Some distributions work fine, while others maintain this awkward behavior. I
tried: dpkg -a --configure from the konsole; still nothing changed. TIA

Steven

Old 01-01-2009, 02:57 AM
Ric Moore

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 22:08 -0500, Steven Vollom wrote:
> I would like to know how to access and use the archive. I believe I could
> reduce the number of questions I post as well as learn better by fighting out
> the answers.

I just google, using problem ( whatever appropriate) + kubuntu + kde

It sure saves on having to login to multiple kubunto forums, I get right
to what I'm looking for. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987

Old 01-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Nils Kassube

Steven Vollom wrote:
> I would like to know how to access and use the archive. I believe I
> could reduce the number of questions I post as well as learn better by
> fighting out the answers.

I use Google and include the term "site:lists.ubuntu.com" (without the
quotes).

Nils

Old 01-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Steven Vollom

On Thursday 01 January 2009 3:51:32 am Nils Kassube wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> > I would like to know how to access and use the archive. I believe I
> > could reduce the number of questions I post as well as learn better by
> > fighting out the answers.
>
> I use Google and include the term "site:lists.ubuntu.com" (without the
> quotes).
>

> Nils

Thanks Nils.

Steven