-   -   No longer have Windows List (kubuntu, not MS) (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/220294-no-longer-have-windows-list-kubuntu-not-ms.html)

tom bell 12-30-2008 05:45 PM

No longer have Windows List (kubuntu, not MS)

I now no longer have a windows list at the bottom of my screen. Instead
I have some programs that take up almost half of the panel, while the
clock/time display takes up most of the rest. I have the menu and other
icons, desktop list and trash can, but that is all.
Does anyone know how I can get the windows list back to view the
minimized and maximized programs currently running???
If it was something I did I can't imagine what since I don't mess around
with the windows list and panel beyond having added a program or two to
the panel.
Also, I have been unable find anything anywhere that will allow me to
hide the panel except when the mouse moves over the bottom of the
screen. It worked in HH/KDE 3, but not in II/KDE 4.
Thank you!

Tom Bell
--
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when
we created them.”

"D. R. Evans" 12-30-2008 05:55 PM

tom bell said the following at 12/30/2008 11:45 AM :
> I now no longer have a windows list at the bottom of my screen. Instead
> I have some programs that take up almost half of the panel, while the
> clock/time display takes up most of the rest. I have the menu and other
> icons, desktop list and trash can, but that is all.
> Does anyone know how I can get the windows list back to view the
> minimized and maximized programs currently running???
> If it was something I did I can't imagine what since I don't mess around
> with the windows list and panel beyond having added a program or two to
> the panel.

Did you accidentally remove the Task Manager plasmoid? That's what it
sounds like.

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Paul Lemmons 12-30-2008 08:22 PM

No longer have Windows List (kubuntu, not MS)

I now no longer have a windows list at the bottom of my screen. Instead
I have some programs that take up almost half of the panel, while the
clock/time display takes up most of the rest. I have the menu and other
icons, desktop list and trash can, but that is all.
Does anyone know how I can get the windows list back to view the
minimized and maximized programs currently running???
If it was something I did I can't imagine what since I don't mess around
with the windows list and panel beyond having added a program or two to
the panel.
Also, I have been unable find anything anywhere that will allow me to
hide the panel except when the mouse moves over the bottom of the
screen. It worked in HH/KDE 3, but not in II/KDE 4.
Thank you!

Tom Bell

try moving your mouse all the way to the top left corner of the screen
and leave it there for a second or two.

--
Sometimes I wonder. Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.

tom bell 12-31-2008 06:35 PM

No longer have Windows List (kubuntu, not MS)

On 12/31/2008 kubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com inscribed:
> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:55:07 -0700 From: "D. R. Evans" <doc.evans@gmail.com> Subject: Re: No longer have Windows List (kubuntu, not MS) To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com> Message-ID: <495A6E8B.7000906@gmail.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" tom bell said the following at 12/30/2008 11:45 AM :
>> > I now no longer have a windows list at the bottom of my screen. Instead
>> > I have some programs that take up almost half of the panel, while the
>> > clock/time display takes up most of the rest. I have the menu and other
>> > icons, desktop list and trash can, but that is all.
>> > Does anyone know how I can get the windows list back to view the
>> > minimized and maximized programs currently running???
>> > If it was something I did I can't imagine what since I don't mess around
>> > with the windows list and panel beyond having added a program or two to
>> > the panel.
>
> Did you accidentally remove the Task Manager plasmoid? That's what it
> sounds like.
>
> Doc

Thanks Doc,
That did the trick. I have no idea how/why I would have ever deselected
that option, but apparently did.

Tom