Old 12-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Brian Norman Wootton

Default java in ff3

Please ignore my moan about java in firefox, I found and installed the
> missing plug-in
> and now everything works and I can do my on-line guardian crosswords -
> luvverly.
> brian

Want to give us a clue as to the name of the plug-in?

Thanks

Sun Java 6.0 Plugin
The Java(TM) Plug-in, Java SE 6

Version 6-10-0ubuntu2 is installed. Package is maintained by Matthias Klose

Java Plug-in enables applets written to the Java Platform 6 specification to be run in Mozilla and other web browsers. Java Plug-in comes with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

This is a metapackage containing dependencies for running Java in various browsers.

found using Adept on my default mirror.
brian