Old 01-31-2009, 06:34 AM
"Joe(theWordy)Philbrook"

Default missing keyboard shortcut in mc 4.6.2-pre1 from kubuntu repo???

It would appear that on Jan 18, Constantinos Maltezos did say:

> One last thing to try if all of the above is a waste: install another
> WM. You don't need Gnome. Try WindowMaker - that's a cool one. Or
> IceWM. I believe they're both in the package manager (I'm on a different
> machine at the moment, or I'd check). Then open xterm there and see if
> it works. If it does, then it's a setting in KDE. If it doesn't, we go
> back to an X setting. So if it doesn't, could you post the keyboard
> section of xorg.conf here?

Well I finally got to try fvwm. But mc's shortcuts didn't work in that
any better than they do in kde... But as far as the xorg.conf & a link
to a graphic image of the same data in kde4, please see my previous
reply.

If this is an X setting rather than a kde issue, where do I look to try
to find out what's blocking the shortcuts???