Old 12-23-2007, 12:25 PM
homayoon taheri

Default enable amarok mp3

I don't have direct access to internet to update
amarok (in kubuntu 7.10) .
How can I find name of required package to enable mp3 in
amarok.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:42 PM
deguz

On 23/12/2007, homayoon taheri <h_taheri@isc.iranet.net> wrote:
> I don't have direct access to internet to update
> amarok (in kubuntu 7.10) .
> How can I find name of required package to enable mp3 in
> amarok.

Hi!

I have no idea which it is exactly, but when i open Adept Manager, and
i search for amarok, i see these packages installed:
amarok
amarok-engines
amarok-xine
anacron

And with these packages i can play mp3 in amarok. Try to install these
packages. I'm not sure, but hope it will work for you!
Good luck!

deguz

Old 12-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Jonathan Patrick Davies

On Sunday 23 December 2007 14:25:48 homayoon taheri wrote:
> I don't have direct access to internet to update
> amarok (in kubuntu 7.10) .
> How can I find name of required package to enable mp3 in
> amarok.

Install 'libxine1-ffmpeg' from universe, and that should be all.

One can download it from

http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/libs/libxine1-ffmpeg

Jonathan
--