-   -   Problems with Live USB Installtion of Ubuntustudio 8.10 (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/218375-problems-live-usb-installtion-ubuntustudio-8-10-a.html)

Ash 12-26-2008 04:54 PM

Problems with Live USB Installtion of Ubuntustudio 8.10

Hi all,

I downloaded the iso. of Ubuntustudio desktop 8.10 and extracted it on
my USB drive through Live USB Creator just like I did for Kubuntu
8.10.

Upon reboot, with my USB drive plugged in, I get the main page asking
me to run installation or Check CD for errors etc. It shows 2 Errors.

When I start off with the Installation everything is fine till I
finish selecting my Keyboard. Then it starts looking for Hardware and
seek the CD-Rom with installation file.

Do I need to make a CD / DVD copy of the extracted files from my USB
to make this installation successful? or is there a problem with the
iso. image I downloaded and should I download another?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ash

--
Generate space in life by generating space in our own mind!!