Old 12-25-2008, 12:25 PM
"Khashayar Naderehvandi"

Default knotify4 on kde 4.2

Hi all,

I just started subscribing on this list after trying the KDE 4.2 beta
packages on my intrepid system.
I must say I'm mighty impressed! KDE 4.2 will most probably see my
moving over to Kubuntu.

There are, of course, a few issues. And one of them is knotify4
showing up really high on powertop. I know there has been issues with
this before, issues that are supposedly resolved by now. I've seen a
bunch of upstream bug reports marked as fixed. Still, I see knotify4
causing lots and lots of wakeups in kde 4.2.

Can anyone shed some light on the issue? Is it fixed or not?
The thing is, if I killall knotify4, and then restart it, it will not
cause many wakeups.

All the best,
Khashayar